Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder)

Quote Reply
Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder)
As far as I have understood, "Threading" set to Yes in Sent Folder should display the Messages in Threads much in the same way as on this forum.

However, in recent fresh install of 2.1 this does not seem to work.

Then tested from the freemail.gossamer-threads account to my domain and even on the freemail.gossamer-threads it does not seem to work Frown

If I have understood the "Threading" correctly then this is definitely not functioning.

Another Anomaly is:

Once The Sent Folder is set for "Threaded" option then only the messages originating from that account in the Sent folder can be deleted. All Re:...... cannot be deletyed until Threading is turned off.

Can the author throw some light on this...

Thnx in advance.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder) In reply to
There are issues with threading that we need to address. If you're satisfied with the way it's handling threading in the INBOX (the message list isn't threaded, but viewing a message shows the thread), then you can change the code so that it does it like that for all the folders.

In admin/GMail/Messages.pm, line ~210, there should be something like:
Code:
if ($fid == INBOX and $folder->{folders_display_threaded}) {
$folder->{folders_display_threaded} = 0;
}
Change it to just:
Code:
$folder->{folders_display_threaded} = 0;

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder) In reply to
Hi,

I had thought of that but that requires opeing of the Mail in any case which needs to be avoided (from Time Saving Point Of view). The threading In Forum is what is most dsirable. Are we far (on time scale) from that or is it going to be implemented? Opening the mail and then exploring the Threading may not be liked by "Claustrophobic" persons like me ;-)

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder) In reply to
We haven't had the time to actually look into this problem deeply to find a solution for it, as it's not an easy fix.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Threading In GM2.1 (Sent Folder) In reply to
Hi,

Going by the documentation about GM I think that this needs to be corrected ASAP. I am sure that to have the Threading as in Gforum would be most desirable. Any time frame on this Please?

Thnx

Anup