Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

SpamAssassin Plugin Update (v1.0 => v1.1)

Quote Reply
SpamAssassin Plugin Update (v1.0 => v1.1)
For those who use the SpamAssassin plugin. I made an update to the plugin a few days ago and it's been updated in the plugin manager. The changes involved are:
- SpamAssassin modules upgraded to v2.60
- Templates have been updated to 2.2.0's templates and to use the common template set if needed
- Small installer fix/improvements

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] SpamAssassin Plugin Update (v1.0 => v1.1) In reply to
Hello Adrian.

I am using SpamAssassin on a dedicated server that appears to be catching spam before they even get to the catchall account that Gmail pulls from. This setup seems to be working pretty good but I am not able to fine tune beyond the domain level and I have often wished to offer this feature on a per user basis. I wonder if the SpamAssassin plugin works similarly to the module I am using on ther domains? Does the plugin allow the user to configure white and black lists? Does the plugin allow the user to adjust the point levels for identifying spam? Does the plugin offer a variety for what is done with identified spam(bounced, deleted, placed in a seperate box, etc.)?

If it looks like this functionality can be offered per user I would like to install the SA plugin. Will there be conflicts between SA working at the domain level and the SA plugin working with Gmail?

Thanks,

bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Sorry about this. For those who are using this plugin with Gossamer Mail <2.2.0 (so 2.1.1 or lower), need to use a different options.htm if you told the installer to install the templates. I've attached the fixed brewt and nessa options.htm files. All that's different is that the call to GMail::Payment::info and the link to modify Email Profiles has been removed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] SpamAssassin Plugin Update (v1.0 => v1.1) In reply to
The plugin currently only supports two features (could implement other features of spam assassin if needed):
1) whitelists (blacklists are already built into Gossamer Mail)
2) send spam to a folder or delete it

The problem with some of the options are that they can really confuse the user. It should be relatively simple to add other spam assassin options as all you need to do is add them to the user's configuration.

In Reply To:
Will there be conflicts between SA working at the domain level and the SA plugin working with Gmail?
No there won't, but then you'll be making your server do twice as much work (and spam assassin isn't exactly fast). Depending on the volume of mail your server gets, this might be a very bad thing to do.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply Adrian. Is it up to Admin to set the point threshold for spam identification?

Thanks,

Bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] SpamAssassin Plugin Update (v1.0 => v1.1) In reply to
Actually, the threshold number is just the default (5). What I may add in the future, if it's possible, is a default spam assassin preference that the admin defines. That way, you could put in such options.

Adrian