Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

2.2.4 Upgrade broke Gmail

Quote Reply
2.2.4 Upgrade broke Gmail
Hi all,

I just tried upgrading from 2.1.1 -> 2.2.4. Everything seemed to go fine, but then when I tried to go to my admin page I got the following:
Code:
Error: GT::Template::Inheritance (12650): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Path /templates/../admin/templates does not exist or is not a directory at /xxx/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Config.pm line 390.

Also, when outgoing.pl runs it returns the following:
Code:
GT::Template::Inheritance (11903): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Path /templates/brewt does not exist or is not a directory at /xxx/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Config.pm line 390.

I have rolled back to my previous version as I can't afford to be down. But I would like to get this upgrade done. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have gone wrong?

One last thing, I noticed that the install script did not ask me if I wanted to overwrite, backup or skip changed files and templates as the instructions said it would.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] 2.2.4 Upgrade broke Gmail In reply to
That's really weird - it looks like for some reason your data path is wrong and it can't find your templates. That doesn't make any sense because your current installation is working fine.

In Reply To:
One last thing, I noticed that the install script did not ask me if I wanted to overwrite, backup or skip changed files and templates as the instructions said it would.
Oops, that message is from the old days before we used the 'local' directory for templates. I'll have to change that message.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.2.4 Upgrade broke Gmail In reply to
Thanks Adrian. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

One thing that has puzzled me with all GT software when I try to install it, is it always asks for the path to my "admin". Not a very specific request. There are two admin directories in the gmail installation. Is it possible I specified the wrong path (specified the path to the cgi admin directory, not the data admin directory)?

cheers,

Michael
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] 2.2.4 Upgrade broke Gmail In reply to
Whenever it asks for the 'admin' directory, it's asking for the cgi admin directory. I don't think it will continue if you specify the data admin directory.

I can't think of any reasons why you're getting that problem. Only thing I can do is try debug it after you upgrade, but that means down time. How about you send me your Config/Data.pm, perhaps that might shed some light on the situation (your 2.1.1 one).

Adrian