Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Options>>Mailbox>>Playmusic=ON

Quote Reply
Options>>Mailbox>>Playmusic=ON
Hi,

Setting the Play Music to ON would it mean that every time a mail enters the mailbox there would be audible notification. Or is it that only on Page refresh the music comes up. Please clarify.... and where is this data stored?

Thnx

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 16, 2002, 3:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Options>>Mailbox>>Playmusic=ON In reply to
What is sure is that I have never heard that music. Does it work for you?
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] Options>>Mailbox>>Playmusic=ON In reply to
Hahaha....

Well i was trying to take confirmation before I invest in the Multimedia Stuff...... already invested my savings in GM :-(

if it does not work then this is agian on "To DO List"

Smile

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 21, 2002, 5:14 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

The music is only done after clicking check mail, it does not happen automatically. Have a look for message.wav file to change the sound.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Options>>Mailbox>>Playmusic=ON In reply to
Hi,

So that means that the same is only effective on POP accounts taht the user configures. Is there a way to play this sound file in following case:

User is logged in and sees thru all the mails and then he does not log off and puts his time to some other work while he is still logged in. Now he would like to be informed thru a sound alarm that there is a mail instead of refreshing the page every now and then. Is that possible?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
It never seems to work on a mac - or at least it never has on any of the macs i've tested it on.

r