Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Another Navigation Bug in 2.1.0a

Quote Reply
Another Navigation Bug in 2.1.0a
Hi,

navigation BUG perhaps. This is in addition to the one reported earlier where when number of pages are >1 and the page refuses to changeover.

This one is another instance:

In any folder, once I open a message (arbitrarily from anywhere), then there is no previous link on the resulting page although that is not the "First Message" on the page. The "Next" link is there which functions very well but on navigating to next page also the "Previous" Link does not appear on the resulting page.

So this is a BUG if I am not wrong.....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Another Navigation Bug in 2.1.0a In reply to
Hi Adrian/Alex,

This is in continuation to my message. Take the following URL

http://webmail.scorpioinformatics.com/...ody.htm;msgs_pos=-26

I just do not understand why am I getting msgs_pos=-26 (that - sign)

This is causing no Previous link to appear on the page. I checked on freemail and this does not happen there.

Now If I open the first message in any folder and change that "msgs_pos=-26" to its actual position (as on freemail.gossamer-threads.com) then the previous links appear.

So i believe that major part of navigation failure is because of this "msgs_pos=-X" error .... that - sign.

Any suggestions of how to eradicate this. It is happening even with the unchanged template sets (the default templates which came with the install)

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Another Navigation Bug in 2.1.0a In reply to
Hi,

I have a temporary solution for you.

Set the folders to a high value (which practically no user would have messages) something like 1000 or so.

Problem would of course come if some user sets it back to a lower value.

At least you can hide the shortcomings for a considerable period of time.

By the way, what is 2.1.0a. a is alpha release or what. I have not seen this release on GT.

BlM
Quote Reply
Re: [BlueMoods] Another Navigation Bug in 2.1.0a In reply to
Quote:
a is alpha release or what

All I can say is that it is a release Adamantly stuck to its list of Bugs looking for a caretaker.

Quote:
At least you can hide the shortcomings for a considerable period of time.

No i don't need to do that. I would be out of my mind If i dared to sell this concept with so many bugs.

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 28, 2002, 11:51 AM