Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
WAP help!
Hi,

I installed the WAP plugin and I have tried to access the wap pages via an online wap emulator like http://www.gelon.net/
When I type the login info I always get "BAD LOGIN"!!! What's wrong!! I know the username, password and domain is correct!

thanks

:)
Quote Reply
Re: [Surfer2] WAP help! In reply to
Anyone??
Quote Reply
Has anyone found a WAP simulator online that actually works with the Gossamer WAP templates??? Also, shouln't the WAP templates use the site name variable, instead or saying Welcome to Gossamer Mail?

thanks
Quote Reply
hmm... I must of missed your post, sorry about that. I did a bit of v2.1 testing with the WAP plugin using Deck-it previewer (http://www.pyweb.com/tools/). I did clean up and make some small fixes on the WAP templates (changing Gossamer Mail to <%title%> was one change), so expect a version 1.1 of the WAP plugin soon.

If you're having problems logging in, one thing you might want to make sure you have enabled is Sessions as a user option. The WAP plugin requires the use of URL sessions instead of cookie based sessions as WAP phones don't support cookies.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: May 23, 2002, 2:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] WAP help! In reply to
thanks for you help!

Well I have Session cookies set to Yes, would it work if I made it user selectable and then used a hidden tag on the main login form to always select cookies? or will the script automatically set to Yes if I don't have the option menu?

Thanks

Last edited by:

Surfer2: May 23, 2002, 4:13 AM
Quote Reply
Yep, that would work.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian, did you add the title tag to the new 1.2 version of the WAP templates? When I login it says Gossamer Mail!!

thanks
Quote Reply
Yes I did, just change the global title tag to whatever you want (keep it short). How do you like the new WAP templates.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks, I saw that now! I was only looking at the global in my main template.

I am having another problem, whenever I login I get "bad login". This is what happened with the old templates, but that was due to the cookie set to yes. I have now tried to set the cookie to both user selectable and no, but I still get "bad login". Any idea to what the problem can be? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what else the problem could be. Can you email me (see profile), admin login info, and also shell access would be nice.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi

I have never got the wap thing to work with wap phone. In latest version now, I still get bad login.

Are
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] WAP help! In reply to
Email me admin login information, and access to webserver error logs would be great to help me figure out what's going on.

Adrian
Quote Reply
wap error.

error "syntax error" at line 1 character 62
Quote Reply
Re: [andywilfong] WAP help! In reply to
To everyone having problems with the WAP templates:
What phones/emulators are you using and what software is it using?

I myself don't have a phone to test with, so I'm using Openwave's UP.SDK v4.1, which is what's used in most phones in North America. I've also tried it with Nokia's emulator too.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I am using Nokia 3330, but it might be named something else in the us.

The login form appear correctly, but when using the Login button, it gives authentification error.
Quote Reply
I have only just installed this plugin..

I am trying it out with http://www.pyweb.com/tools/

I can get as far as entering the username and password.. but.. um what then?
Quote Reply
Re: [Welsh Dragon] WAP help! In reply to
All range of emulators available at http://www.yospace.com/

try them. I just found it now and I am testing the original templates (as like brewt i too do not have a WAP phone... I can't afford :-(

Anup