Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Bug in GM
Hi,

I've noticed something strange! Whenever I send an e-mail to a GM account that has a large attached file (such as 1-4MB) the e-mail disappears. I don't receive an error message and the mail isn't put in my inbox! It magically disappears!

When sending small attachments around 100k, everything works!

I am using GM 2.0.6!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Surfer2] Bug in GM In reply to
have you checked your settings for undeliverables in the admin area? if that's the way it's set up, that's what will happen.

r.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Bug in GM In reply to
First of all, why should an e-mail with an attached file by "undeliverable"??
If the e-mail was undelivered, it should have bounced back as my settings in the admin are set to bounce all undeliverables!

thanks
Quote Reply
if the file size was over the max allowed in your settings, or your users mailbox was full, that's when it will bounce the message.

if you're admin is set to bounce, and it's not bouncing, then you've probably found a bug.

r.
Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply!

Yes, it worked after raising the limit! But it does still not explain why I didn't receive a bounced messages before!

thanks
Quote Reply
the bounced email will only be sent when outgoing.pl is run - usually by a cron job.

if you haven't got this set to run every 5 minutes or so, then you won't receive anything - it'll just sit there waiting until it is run.

check to see if that's happening - that might be your problem.

regan.
Quote Reply
outgoing.pl is run every 15 min! When I have waited for over an hour, something must be wrong!
Quote Reply
yip, brewt might be able to help you on this one.

r.
Quote Reply
One thing to remember is that encoded emails are bigger than the actual files attached to the email, so like a 1MB attachment to an email might turn out to be a 1.2MB email.

I remember fixing a few bugs with bouncing of emails in incoming.pl. I'd recommend upgrading to 2.1 as it fixes quite a few bugs in 2.0.6.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bug in GM In reply to
Thanks brewt! I have taken the extra encoded space into consideration...

I guess I will wait and see if 2.1 fixes the bug. I am waiting for 2.1.1 before I upgrade as I wan't to be sure all is OK. One question, when i upgrade is it possible to keep the current templates and then download the new ones to my HD and edit them before I use them? Or will they overwrite the ones I am now using?

thanks
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
One question, when i upgrade is it possible to keep the current templates and then download the new ones to my HD and edit them before I use them? Or will they overwrite the ones I am now using?
The templates that come with 2.1 are the "brewt" and "nessa" templates. Officially they weren't released before 2.1, but we've been sending them to people on request. We didn't want people to Skip the addition of the new templates, so we made it mandatory to install the new templates. As a result of this, you can't select backup for the templates. There is a notice about this and the installer warns you to backup your "brewt" and "nessa" templates if you previously obtained them.

To answer your question, if you have "brewt" or "nessa" templates, back them up manually. If your templates are named differently, then it won't touch them.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply!
I think I will upgrade to 2.1 now! Any known serious bugs with 2.1 so far?
When do you think 2.1.1 will be released? When you do release 2.1.1 will you tell us exactly wich templates that have changed with the new release!

thanks
Quote Reply
We're releasing 2.1.1 soon because there's two semi major bugs:
1) globals are html escaped when they shouldn't be
2) welcome email isn't using local copy

There's also some other small updates to templates and code. My guess for 2.1.1 is a week or two, maybe less.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When you do release 2.1.1 will you tell us exactly wich templates that have changed with the new release!
I could do something like what Jason has done with Gossamer Forum templates (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=198020).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks, yes that would be good to do! So that we know what to update manually!

Can't really decide if I should go for 2.1?? I guess I should as I have time to do it now!