Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Email forwarding program required or second GM license?

Quote Reply
Email forwarding program required or second GM license?
Hi

I am looking for an email forwarding program. So far I have not been able to find one of any standing.

Can someone recommend on or tell me how much a second GM license will cost, as I did not see any additional license prices in on the order page.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Email forwarding program required or second GM license? In reply to
Hi Stoosh,

Does your web host have some sort of forwarding you can use? I have a .forward file that I can edit for forwards with my host. If you have something like this with your host you can make a fairly simple perl interface for it and you would be all set.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Email forwarding program required or second GM license? In reply to
Hi Chaz

I want to set up another site that handles the forwarding of email. Most of which I would like to be automated. The sites that I have seen that do this have a "Search", "Sign up" and "Redirect to" pages. If they are using software to do this then it must be available somewhere?

I'm not a programmer in any way, so creating a perl interface would not be easy for me to do. I'd rather buy a ready made program to do the job.

I've check the usual cgi directory sites and have not found anything there. So I'm wondering where those particular perl or php scripts are hiding out.

If you or anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Email forwarding program required or second GM license? In reply to
Hi Stoosh,

I would bet that most of the sites that do this kind of thing have the programming done in-house. This is something that is really specific to the type of mail transfer program in use. I think your idea of getting another GMail license might be your best bet. Good luck!

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Email forwarding program required or second GM license? In reply to
Thanks Chaz

I'm going to find out how much a second license is, or learn to program Wink.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Hi,

If you have a dedicated server, we could build something custom for you that works directly with qmail. Contact Jack at jack@gossamer-threads.com with more details and we can give you a quote.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Email forwarding program required or second GM license? In reply to
Hi Alex

Thank you for your reply,

I am actually looking for a program for a site other than the one I have GM installed on. A program that is stand alone that I can install just like any other script. I find it suprising that I have not yet found a program that has been specifically written to do this.

Most ISP's allow you to be able to set up email forwarding (or preferably redirecting in this case) so the software is obviously out there somewhere. I'm just stund that email forwarding programs are not as available as URL and link forwarding ones.

If some of the emailling features were removed from GM, Hay Presto you've got a great email forwarding program. The only thing you would have missing would be the ability to charge for the service (I hope that feature will be added to GM sometime soon).

Thank you for your offer of custom work I may yet take you up on it. I just cannot believe that there are not any email forwarding/redirecting scripts readly accessibly from the familiar search directories.

I'm going to keep looking in an attempt to find this illusive script. Wish me luck, I'll let you know if I find one.

I'll be back Crazy

Regards

Stoosh