Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page:

Quote Reply
Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page:
Hi,

Tested changing this variable. Set it to 100. However, the inbox still displays 25 messages per page. if this variable is hard coded to 25 then why is this oprion there?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page: In reply to
Hi Anup,

I made a quick fix for my copy. In Messages.pm around line 647 I commented out this line:
Code:
#$ret->{mh} = $cgi->{mh} ? ($cgi->{mh} + 0) : ($folder->{folders_per_page} || $USER->{opts}->{display}->{msgs_per_page} || S_MH_DEFAULT);
and added these two lines:
Code:
$USER->{opts}->{display}->{msgs_per_page} ||= S_MH_DEFAULT;
$ret->{mh} = $cgi->{mh} ? ($cgi->{mh} + 0) : $USER->{opts}->{display}->{msgs_per_page};
That seems to work for me. I'm sure there is just something minor wrong with the first line that I commented out but I just don't see it. Adrian will point it out when he sees it.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Piper] Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page: In reply to
Hi Charlie,

Thanx. I tried this but even this could not fix. Probably I am on a diff version (2.1.0a). I would wait for Adrian to fix this.

Thnx.

Anup
Quote Reply
Is $folder->{folders_per_page} 25 by any chance?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page: In reply to
Hi,

it worked. So now it seems that the same should be removed from one of the two places (better if it is done so from the Options>>Display part). I think this needs to be taken care of by GT.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Options>>Display>>Messages to display per page: In reply to
Hi Paul,

I didn't dig into $folder->{folders_per_page} far enough to find out where it was getting its value. I did see S_MH_DEFAULT defined in GMail.pm as 25 though. I will go back though it and see if I can find out where folders does get its value.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
The reason I asked is because if the value is 25 then perhaps that is being assigned to $ref->{mh} before it reaches:

$USER->{opts}->{display}->{msgs_per_page}

....which would explain why it keeps sticking at 25. Otherwsie I'm afraid I can't help...sorry :(