Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

[2.1.0] Address book view template bug

Quote Reply
[2.1.0] Address book view template bug
There is a typo in the addresses_view_include.htm file in both template sets. The template var <%if address_nuckname%> should actually be <%if address_nickname%>.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Piper] [2.1.0] Address book view template bug In reply to
Thanks for reporting this. I've fixed it in CVS.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] [2.1.0] Address book view template bug In reply to
Hi,

Was it really fixed. As six days down the line (Installed Jul 6th and finished by GT) I was handed over the download with the same error.

The default template sets are still lying untouched with my install (2.1.0a)

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] [2.1.0] Address book view template bug In reply to
Brewt said he fixed it in CVS not the actual download (yet) :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [2.1.0] Address book view template bug In reply to
Oh I see. So when does the corrections in the downloads come. Or is it left for us to do it after spending hours on the forum.....

Anup
Quote Reply
There has to be a number of fixes before the download will be updated otherwise you'd be forever updating it and asking people to re-download.

When a substantial number of bugs are nuked then the download will be updated.
Quote Reply
So that means before installation, the following should be the procedure:

(1). Download the version on offer.

(2). Check the forums for all the bugs and jot id down carefully.

(3) Request GT for information on the status of the BUGS/Fixes wrt the download on offer.

(4) Install GM and then one by one go for the correction which have been doen in CVS but not the download.

(5) And then all the testing to ensure that customers do not send ...

I wish these procedures were made known in the Install Help File....

There was a wrong version of incoming.pl with my download....thats supposed to be now that i know that downlaods are only updated once there are many bugs which have been corrected.......

Anup
Quote Reply
All you need to do is wait for GT to tell you when the updated version is ready for download, I'm not sure what you mean about listing bugs and fixing bugs in the CVS etc.
Quote Reply
I am taking this offline. Sent a PM 2 You...ut a long wait could often lead to dot coms turning into dot cons.

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 25, 2002, 6:38 AM
Quote Reply
You do have a slightly newer than 2.1 release, but I'm not sure if it has that change, as I might have packaged your copy before I made that fix.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] [2.1.0] Address book view template bug In reply to
Hi,

Thnx. Do you feel all those navigation links failure are attributable to this newer release. I did check on freemail.gossamer-threads.com and there is no such failure there.

However, in my case, even with the default (nessa) template sets without any change, the navigation failure is there. The gist of the same is as follows:

(1). The previous link does not appear on message which is opened (not necessarily the first message in the list).

(2). The 1, 2, > and >> links are not functional at the end of the messages list page on any folder. The page simply refuses to changeover although there are changes taking place on the address bar.

Thnx

Anup