Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

catch-all and bounces

Quote Reply
catch-all and bounces
I am curious to know what happens to the real catch-all account that Gossamer mail uses?

From what I understand, Gossamer imports mail from the catch-all account, and then redistributes it among the Gossamer users. So far so good.

However, what happens at the server level? In other words, when the mail is imported, are copies of the same mail left in the real catchall account on the server? Or does Gossamer deletes everything on the catchall account when it imports the mail?

I need to know this to make sure that I can manage the space on the virtual server better.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] catch-all and bounces In reply to
GMail deletes all the mails in the catch-all account when it fetches the mail. Depending on your setting in the admin you might end up with a lot of messages in the GMail admin account though.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] catch-all and bounces In reply to
Perfect. That's something good. I am reassured.

I'll check the admin account just in case.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] catch-all and bounces In reply to
Yes, as Chaz mentions, Gossamer Mail will remove all mail from the pop account. You should be sure to uncheck and Admin insert checkboxes from Setup->Undeliverables to make sure that Gossamer Mail does not hang onto any undeliverables, but rather just bounces them back.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.