Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Error after 2.05 upgrade

Quote Reply
Error after 2.05 upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded to 2.05 and now get the following error when I click on the MySQLMan link in the Database section of Gossamer Mail Admin ...

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template::Parser (21796): Unable to open template file './templates/./templates/database.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/tools/webmail/admin/GT/Template.pm line 301.

Quote Reply
Re: [JKelly] Error after 2.05 upgrade In reply to
This is a bug with the template parser.

There are several methods of fixing this. The method I found was to open up Template.pm, find sub load_template and change:

my $full_file = $self->{root} . "/" . $file;

to

my $full_file = $file;

Last edited by:

RedRum: Sep 20, 2001, 1:19 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Error after 2.05 upgrade In reply to
Hi, thanks for the tip, unfortunately it did not work. After making the change, all links in the Admin cause the following error ...

Error: Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/tools/webmail/admin/GT/Template.pm line 283.

and the link to MySQLMan causes the following error ...

CGI ERROR
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template (22539): Unable to open template file './templates/compiled/table.html.compiled.print'. Reason: No such file or directory at html.pl line 64.

Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Hmm...strange.

Thats what I did when I got the error and it cleared it up.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Sep 20, 2001, 1:32 PM
Quote Reply
Whoops. Did you change it in Template.pm?

Try GT/Template/Parser.pm instead and put Template.pm back to what it was.

Sorry :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Sep 20, 2001, 1:37 PM
Quote Reply
Ok, I put Template.pm back to what it was and changed Parser.pm and while the links in admin now work the link to MySQLMan still generates the same error ...

CGI ERROR
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template (22962): Unable to open template file './templates/compiled/table.html.compiled.print'. Reason: No such file or directory at html.pl line 64.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I believe that error is caused by something else - the template problem is now fixed but the error you are getting is caused by something else.

I think a solution was provided the other day somewhere.

Try searching for Unable to open template file './templates/compiled/table.html.compiled.print'.
Quote Reply
That produces no helpful results.

Do you have a directory called compiled under templates like templates/compiled?
Quote Reply
In /data/templates/default/ there is a directory called compiled containing the following files ...

home.htm.compiled.print
logout.htm.compiled.print
msgs_list.htm.compiled.print

Why it is not looking in the "default" directory I do not know but the file it is looking for is not even in there anyway.

Last edited by:

JKelly: Sep 20, 2001, 2:05 PM
Quote Reply
Out of interest try creating the compiled directory under /templates/

Quote Reply
No luck, I restored Parser.pm and Templates.pm to the original 2.0.5 files and while Gossamer Mail seems to work I am still getting an error message when clicking on the MySQLMan link in the Gossamer Mail admin but now it is slightly different.

CGI ERROR
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template::Parser (23822): Unable to open template file './templates/./templates/table.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at /home/httpd/cgi-bin/tools/webmail/admin/GT/Template.pm line 301.

It appears to be looking for the table.html file at ...

./templates/./templates/table.html

when it is actually located at ...

/admin/mysqlman/templates/table.html

Last edited by:

JKelly: Sep 20, 2001, 2:26 PM
Quote Reply
Ok, I think I solved it. Here is what I did. I reran the upgrade and then got the following message when clicking on the MySQLMan link in the Gossamer Mail admin or directly ...

CGI ERROR
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template (1083): Unable to open template file './templates/compiled/table.html.compiled.print'. Reason: No such file or directory at html.pl line 64.

The table.html file is in the /mysqlman/templates/ directory but it is looking for a compiled version ( table.html.compiled.print ) of it in /mysqlman/templates/compiled/

That directory and its contents does not get created when I reinstall GossamerMail so I created the directory myself, copied table.htm into that directory and renamed it table.html.compiled.print then did the same for most of the other files in /mysqlman/templates/ and MySQLMan now works fine.

So it would appear the 2.05 upgrade file does not create the compiled directory and associated files on my server. I would be curious if that directory and files are created on other peoples installations or if it is just mine that has the problem.

Last edited by:

JKelly: Sep 28, 2001, 4:22 PM
Quote Reply
Hi JKelly,

I had the same problem after upgrading to 2.05. I had to edit mysql.cgi and change $SCRIPT_PATH = '.'; to the show the correct, full path. i.e. $SCRIP_PATH = '/path/to/gmail/admin/mysqlman'; That did the trick for me.

Regards,
Charlie