Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

X-GMAIL and SA

Quote Reply
X-GMAIL and SA
Just found this with rulesemporium.com rules and SA3.0.1 and Gossamer Mail :

0.6 SARE_HEAD_HDR_XGMAILA Message headers used which identify spam

Looks like Gmail (Google Mail) headers could cause more hiccups in months to come.
Gossamer Mail 2.2.0/SA 3.0.1

So ultimately, it's getting closer to doing away with X-GMail headers and having something defineable in Admin to be more flexible, instead of the sme being Hard Coded.

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] X-GMAIL and SA In reply to
Looking into it, it has nothing to do with Google Mail. It's to do with the fact that some spammers have been using accounts on systems with Gossamer Mail installed to send out their nigerian scam emails. I don't know how many of these emails would have been sent, but I don't think it's enough to warrant it being added to those rules (and that's probably why it isn't in the default rule set).

The ruleset with the rule in question also has the following description:
Quote:
Unlike 70_sare_header0.cf, the 70_sare_header1.cf ruleset contains rules which do (or in the past have) hit ham during SARE mass-check tests. The S/O calculated by SA's hit-frequencies scripts are all at or above 0.900. This file also contains rules which hit only spam, but fewer than 10 spam in our mass-check tests. Systems which are highly sensitive to false positives and/or tight on resources may want to exclude this ruleset, pick and choose among its rules, or lower their scores.

However, I will look into making the header more flexible. Possibly moving it into the email_headers.txt file.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] X-GMAIL and SA In reply to
Thanks.
Fortunately i have no spammer on my system. Moreover, with not more than 20 To's and CC's allowed, it beats the Spammer if any.

I was planning to do an upgrade sometime soon but i am keeing it off till the header details are moved to email_headers.txt file. While on this issue, i think that despite having tried your Fix as suggested in one of the earlier threads, the X-Mailer header still does not work when added from Admin.

HyTC

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.