Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

<%url_user%> and inline image -- mod_perl

Quote Reply
<%url_user%> and inline image -- mod_perl
<%url_user%> will always be the cgi-bin value configured in admin?
The image added to body from editor never shows (always a X in IE) as when we view the source the path to the image has "cgi-bin" (which from the template seems to be coming from <%url_user%> ) though the webmail is being accessed from /perl under mod_perl

So how does one get the correct path (cgi-bin/perl) in the images uploaded to body of mail from editor?

[update]
If i change the path in admin to have /perl/ instead of cgi-bin for the user url then image starts displaying. However, then the issue would be if the webmail is accessed under plain cgi mode.
So how does one fix this to pick up the correct values depending on which mode Gmail is accessed
[/update]

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Sep 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] <%url_user%> and inline image -- mod_perl In reply to
Any suggestions?
Or is it that the path cannot be correctly inherited from the mode under which the script runs and one has to change in admin?

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] <%url_user%> and inline image -- mod_perl In reply to
The url_user is always just what you set in the config (it doesn't change). If you need something that changes depending on what environment you're in, you'll have to write something yourself. You'll know if you're under mod_perl if the MOD_PERL constant is set.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] <%url_user%> and inline image -- mod_perl In reply to
Thank you.
Please mention the same in README.mod_perl file that comes with the download as it would help a user in avoiding the frustration of dealing with this issue and half the time thinking that server setting is conked off. We could trace this as we dealt with GMail 2.x and was expecting that this would be taken care of in GMail 3.x

Anyways, as always we have learnt to live with such issues.
Thank you once again.

Thanks
HyTC