Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

No recipient error

Quote Reply
No recipient error
Getting this error when everything is correct: No recipient, or an invalid recipient was entered! The 'To' line must be a comma seperated list of valid emails or address book nicknames. any idea why?
Quote Reply
Re: [ingenio] No recipient error In reply to
Have you made any changes to the templates by chance? It sounds like the form field name might have been changed. Without specific details that about all I can think of.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] No recipient error In reply to
Hi,

it was fine and now it is fine, I don't know why start getting this error, it was a.info domain name.

would you like to check it up?
Quote Reply
Your best bet is to open a trouble ticket with GT if you're still having this problem. As long as the form fields in the template haven't been changed or the code itself hasn't been changed, it should be working like normal.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Hello All:

I`m getting the same Error while sending mail, though email address, etc are correct:

No recipient, or an invalid recipient was entered! The 'To' line must be a comma seperated list of valid emails or address book nicknames.

Could someone help?
Thank you, peter curran
Quote Reply
Re: [pyc] No recipient error In reply to
exact same error message I'm getting now.. The only thing I can think of is an upgrade to the latest version of perl from redhat.

Here are the two entries from my log file when this error occurs.

/etc/sendmail.cf: line 83: fileclass: cannot open '/etc/mail/local-host-names': World writable directory
/etc/sendmail.cf: line 508: fileclass: cannot open '/etc/mail/trusted-users': World writable directory

Last edited by:

Dale_Brown: Jun 5, 2003, 6:14 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale_Brown] No recipient error In reply to
Ok got it... I had accidently changed the permission on the /etc directory. Once I set the /etc and all the files in it like trusted-users, sendmail.mc back to 755 it seems to have resolved the issue.

Here is the link I found with the info that got me down this path..

http://www.oreillynet.com/...er/view/cs_msg/10340

Last edited by:

Dale_Brown: Jun 5, 2003, 7:08 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale_Brown] No recipient error In reply to
Thanks for posting the fix.. I've seen this happen before too on some sendmail security upgrades. Good to know..

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.