Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

[BUG VALIDATE 2.0.1]

Quote Reply
[BUG VALIDATE 2.0.1]
Hello!

In the statistics it shows that there is one not validated user. But clicking on Validate user button from admin, there is not any one.

The user search also shows none.

Quote Reply
Re: [BUG VALIDATE 2.0.1] In reply to
Hi,

I'd need access to the admin area to look at this.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
HelloT

The column has null in there. I do not know how does NULL come in there.

Hence I will have to use MySQL man to delete their respective entries, shall I?

Quote Reply
Hi,

You must have played with this in MySQLMan, as in the setup, user_status is defined as not_null, so mysql would not allow a null value unless you altered the table to allow it.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hello!

I have never played with MySQL Man.

This has remained in your head.

Infact, I noticed that for some reason it was inserting this unwanted value NOT NULL and in the following versions it stoped.

Due to this it was showing wrong space calculation in the database. When you brought out the consistency.pl the first time, it wiped the messages. The space occupied was still in there!!!

I accidently observed that simply by clicking on the Modify link, it afterwards saw the 0.00 byte space used.

To correct this I had to click on about four hundred users and then close the window.

By this it was surprisingly also correcting automatically the correct NULL value.

I never ever did anything with MySQL in this matter. A complete fresh installation in a new database was also showing the same problem and therefore it was not specific to any changes!!!

The bug is still there, most likely.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I dont understand. You say 'in the following version it stopped', yet a 'fresh installation in a new database was also showing the same problem'. So I don't understand if it you are seeing nulls or not. In any case, the null should have no affect on the program, it does not test for value == 0, just that value is true.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Will get back after I install the new copy.

I saw it installing NOT NULL somewhere, but cannot recall anymore. Will give an intensive look around after I install a new version, 2.0.5