Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

[BUG REPORT GMAIL 2.0F]

Quote Reply
[BUG REPORT GMAIL 2.0F]
Hello!

Even though the User was deleted and after checking it in the table that stores their IDs, the IDs where still
in the folloing found!

folders_userid

From this I could easily identify that the UserID was deleted but not all related information from the database.

This seems to be a bug.

Quote Reply
Re: [BUG REPORT GMAIL 2.0F] In reply to
How did you delete the user? From the admin? I can't replicate this locally.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [BUG REPORT GMAIL 2.0F] Database Integrity In reply to
Hello Alex!

Yes, I deleted from the admin! One could also from PhpMyAdmin or the robust MySQLMan or whatever but then it would only delete that particular data of that field and not related entries in other tables!

Now even I cannot follow that same again!!! I should have observed more carefully.

May be that during the deletion there was a crash and it did not delete completely. Such crashes or Internal Server error you may have noticed many times, I beleive in the version 2.0 final. A fully working installation crashes so many times and may be its due to the server power it requires when overloaded one a shared server as compared to less number of cgi-calls it did earlier. (Regardless of those crashes, I prefer the version 2.x than 1.x!!! :) !!!)

What interesting out of it is that if there is a database integrity routine developed that would benefit all the users of all products.

Just like Verify links, if it did also check the integrity in this way, it would clear a lot of garbage internally.

For e.g. If there are Session IDs or Folder IDs or Links etc in the database that needs to be associated but are not for whatever reason that the integrity checker will offer the admin to rectify.

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, you should never alter the data via MySQLMan unless you are sure what you are doing. Improper usage can destroy your Gossamer Mail installation.

No, I have not noticed "crashes or internal server errors" many times.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hello Alex!

I never used MySQL Man to modify any data. But only to View the data.

The chrashes happens daily and this is because the cgi`s require lots of processing power with version 2.0 of the products. This is especially on sshared servers with heavy loads.
Quote Reply
Hi,

You must keep realistic goals. You can't expect to run a 10,000 user free email site on a virtual account that has possibly 500+ other domains on it.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] Database Integrity In reply to
>PhpMyAdmin or the robust MySQLMan

I'm a university researcher doing a comparison of PHPMyAdmin & MySQLMan
Waht are your preferences? Which one is better, more efficent, etc., and why? Yuo called MySQLMan "robust". Why?

Thanks
John
In Reply To: