Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Next Release

Quote Reply
Next Release
Alex, My work just purchased Gossmer Mail after having a great experience with LinksSQL. I will again be setting up Gossamer Mail but i want to know when the next release is due. Last time I setup and configured LinksSQL the next version was released a few days later. Will it be available in the next two weeks as we would like to use the multiple domain feature.

Thanks
Jason

Quote Reply
Re: Next Release In reply to
Want to know me too.....

But; I am editing the simple templates, but I could need to use a require or include tag, so that I only have to make on menu (I have removed frames)...and one header and footer...like in Linksq sql. In php, this is 1 line of code, but cgi, maybe more difficult ?

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, unfortuantely we didn't get enough done before the holidays. Scott is on a well deserved vacation right now (he's doing the lion's share of Gossamer Mail), but we will be back at first thing in January. I expect a beta out shortly after.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The template system is the same as in Links SQL (1.x). You can do <%include template.txt%> to include a common file.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Just been waiting a month for this new version. Is there any talk that we will see the new version anytime soon? I might just have to make do with the current release. Alex can you let us all know what are your intentions.

Quote Reply
Hmmm... this is useful. Does the template.txt file then need to live in the templates directory? If so, how can I grab it from a different directory?

Also, will this work for Links SQL NG as well?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
http://www.dropzone.com/
Quote Reply
Hi,

In Reply To:
Does the template.txt file then need to live in the templates directory? If so, how can I grab it from a different directory?
No, it only works from the current template directory, and the same syntax works in Links SQL as well.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Well, the new version is functional now, admin works, send/receive works. We are working on implementing some of the new features as well as polishing things up. As for timeline, I'd really like to see something we can put out as a beta this week or next.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex,

Ill be waiting to test it as a new installation. If you need another Beta Tester let me know.

Quote Reply
We keep waiting In reply to

I bought GM just becouse you offer multidomain in next version. At the time i bouht , you said that next version was almost finish and in a month would be ready. I have been waiting now for tree months these new release and I find You have forten your words. Please we need these new realease as soon as posible.