Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

HELP!! outgoing.pl crashing server...

Quote Reply
HELP!! outgoing.pl crashing server...
I'm not sure what the deal is, but outgoing.pl is causing major problems by taking up all my resources to the point I can't even telnet into the box. The cron job is running it every 2 minutes...

I don't know exactly what to tell you... I didn't make any edits to it or anything like that. It's a RAQ3 and I'm using sendmail.

Quote Reply
Re: HELP!! outgoing.pl crashing server... In reply to
Let me ask this... does outgoing.pl handle ALL outgoing mail or just some? Why might running it every 1 or 2 minutes on a server with zero load make it start taking up 100%+ of the resources? Thanks for any facts or opinions...

Quote Reply
Hi,

Best thing to do is send me an email with login info so I can see what's going on.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
That's the problem... when I start the cron jobs it will overload so much you can't telnet in. In fact, it renders all tcp services inoperable! I can't risk running it again because my host will charge $125/hour to go in and edit out the cron line, which isn't worth it at all.

Quote Reply
Hi,

No, what I mean is you run it manually. If you can send us login info, we can run it and watch to see what's going on. Once we figure out why that happened, then you can put it back into cron. It's a very simple script (all it does really is send forwards, bounces, and autoreplies).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks for your help Alex. I'm now playing with ApacheBench and testing stuff out... my server is mega slow! :)