Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Creation Timestamp error

Quote Reply
Creation Timestamp error
I couldn't find anything in the forums about this, but I have created a custom signup page that resulted in me adding one field to the users table and half a dozen or so to the dgraph table. The form seems to work for all the verifications I want to do (and I did resync the def files), but when everything is filled in properly, I get this error
Creation Timestamp can not be left blank.
I used the simple template page that combined the demographics and username onto one page, as well as wickedmoon's, but I just can't seem to figure out exactly where this problem is being caused. Anyone have any ideas?
Thx.

Quote Reply
Re: Creation Timestamp error In reply to
Sounds like the Timestamp column is set to not null and a timestamp isn't being inserted.

Mods:http://wiredon.net/gt/download.shtml
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
from what I can see in the db users_join_time IS set to not null (and I'm pretty certain I didn't change that), but it's not even getting to the insert because in Join.pm in sub check_user it's looking for required fields in the db.users table, of which users_join_time is one of them... and the time doesn't get set until you get to the User.pm file (I believe). I know this worked before because I did add a couple of test accounts, so I'm guessing I broke something, I just can't seem to figure out where.

Quote Reply
Hi,

Would it be possible for you to email me login info and I will have a look? scott@gossamer-threads.com

Cheers,

Scott
Quote Reply
I'm trying to track down exactly where users_join_time gets set so I can figure out what might be causing this "Creation Timestamp can not be left blank" error. Can anyone point me in the right direction... I know the field is in the .users table, but I haven't been able to find where it gets set... I figure if can find where to set it, I can just add that to Join.pm

I did try taking all the simple join templates and rebuilding my default templates off those, but I get the same error.

I also took the standard simple templates that I hadn't changed at all yet, and just added hidden fields for the new columns I added to the users and dgraph tables, and I still get the Creation Timestamp error.
Quote Reply
fwiw, I finally got it to pass this error by doing the following - I know it's a total hack, but at least I can continue setting up the system now :)

in admin/GMail/NoAuth/Join.pm in the sub add_user area, right before this line
# Ensure demographic information is correct
I added the following

$cgi->{users_join_time} = time();

and now I don't get the creation timestamp error anymore... Still not sure what's causing it, but at least for now I can work around it... If you guys have any ideas or need any info, let me know.