Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Pop usesrname error

Quote Reply
Pop usesrname error
Hi,

I am trying to add a new POP account to my incoming mail settings in gossamer-mail however the GM doesn't accept the username for this account:

The username is name@domain.com. My other POP email accounts just use a name however this one uses name@domain.com as a username and that causes the problem.

Is there something that I can do about this?

Thanks,

PCMANIAK
Quote Reply
Re: [pcmania] Pop usesrname error In reply to
Are you talking about on the user side (Options => Remove Email), or on the admin side (Setup => Incoming Email)? Both sides should accept such a username. What version of Gossamer Mail are you using?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Pop usesrname error In reply to
I am talking about Stup => Incoming Email. I am using version 2.0.6 and it doesn't accept such address!

Thanks,
PCMANIAK
Quote Reply
I just tried it locally and it worked. Are you sure you got the username and password correct? What's the error message that it gives you?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

This is the error that I am getting:

Error: Could not connect to POP server; Reason: An error occured while logging in: PASS POP Login failed: -ERR Bad login

I use the exact same username and password in outlook and I connect without any problems, please advise.

Regards,
PCMANIAK
Quote Reply
Can you turn on debugging and email the output?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Brewt,

How are you. i am having the same problem as above i have been trying add a pop account under setup -> incoming Mail it says:

Error: Could not connect to POP server; Reason: An error occured while logging in: PASS POP Login failed: -ERR Authentication failed (bad password?)

I have tried with kmail and was successful in logging and downloading the mails. but i am not able to create pop user here..

Can you guide me some how to get out of this problem.

-Thanks & Regards,
Praveen