Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Error when upgrading 2.1.1 to 2.2.24

Quote Reply
Error when upgrading 2.1.1 to 2.2.24
Hi,

I installed new tar.gz file for 2.24 and all was fine. I then moved the mysql data from previous server and changed structure of folders and users table so that ity matches the new one.

The admin section works fine and lists all prior existing users correctly.

However when I try to login as user, I get folllowing error:

Error: The column 'Folders Name,folders_userid' must be unique, and already has an entry 'Inbox,4' at GMail::User::insert_folders line 207.
I must be missing something. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Franklo
Quote Reply
Re: [frankLo] Error when upgrading 2.1.1 to 2.2.24 In reply to
Hi Frank,

If I understand correctly, you copied the 2.1.1 data onto a 2.2.4 installation? This will not work. Several database upgrades are performed as part of the upgrade procedure, and if not performed Gossamer Mail will not work correctly. I recommend either upgrading the old installation to 2.2.4, then copying over the data, or installing 2.1.1 in the new location, copying the data, then upgrading it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct. I installed the 2.2.4 version on the existing database and made it a new installation.

The download area does not have 2.1.1 anymore. Where can I get that in order to install then upgrade? I do not want to upgrade on my current location as I am afraid I will lose my data. In addition the old server is being replaced with new so it's better to install all on new server then upgrade

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
Hi Frank,

You should be able to make the 2.1.1 -> 2.2.4 upgrade code run again by performing the following:

First, you need to edit your admin/GMail/Config/Data.pm (e.g. using Fileman) and look near the end, where you'll see:

'version' => '2.2.4'

Change this number from '2.2.4' to '2.1.1', then save the file. Next, upload the Gossamer Mail 2.2.4 install.cgi and install.dat files again, and perform the installation again, this time choosing "Upgrade" and entering your admin path. The install script will read the 2.1.1 version and should then run the necessary upgrade code.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Error when upgrading 2.1.1 to 2.2.24 In reply to
Hi Jason,

I tried the way you suggested but upgrade did not proceed because of some error.

I then located the GMail.2.1.1 and installed it on new server.

Then I copied current MYSQL table and current data and templates. All went fine.

Then I proceeded with upgrade to 2.2.4. I got message that upgrade was successful and complete.

However...

I am still at 2.2.1. I went to admin and verified that I still have 2.1.1

Here is message I got at end after running upgrade script:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Congratulations! Your copy of Gossamer Mail has now been
updated to version 2.2.4-Upgrade. The install files have
been removed.

If you need to re-run the install, please unarchive the
original file again.
Gossamer Mail has been successfully upgraded.
Gossamer Threads Inc.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After I read the UPGRADE file that came with GMail, I noted that I was not asked whether to backup, overwrite or skip. Script just worked then gave a success message but nothing really happened.

Any idea what can be done to fix this?

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Is your original problem still occurring after the upgrade?

Adrian