Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Messages time isue

Quote Reply
Messages time isue
Hi,

All messages are turning out as having been sent at 12:00 am.

I have my time zone configured correct.

I am using GM 2.1.1

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [frankLo] Messages time isue In reply to
Can you email me login information so I can take a look?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Messages time isue In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I noticed that undeliverables in admin show correct time and that messages in mysql table have the correct time. It just seems that the actual GM user end cannot display the correct time and show all as 12:00:00

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
Did you change the user date format in the admin? That might have cause the problem if you're using an older version of the default templates.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Did you change the user date format in the admin? That might have cause the problem if you're using an older version of the default templates.
We are getting the same problem. The time is actually correct, but it seems as though running the time/date through the Transform() function is the problem, it just spits out 12:00:00 no matter what time was sent in.
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

No I did not touch the admin date part and I guess that was the problem :)

I just went to that part of admin and noticed that time zone was not specified. I specified that and when I checked back, all messages were showing correct date

Thanks for your help

Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [Cuong] Messages time isue In reply to
It's actually a template problem. When I designed the templates, I forgot about that option in the admin and created the templates relying on that option being the default and for people to change the date in the templates. I've fixed this in 2.1.1 so that it does a proper transform.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian,

I am still having problems with time issue.

It seems system resets itself and loses admin setting of time. And then problem above recur and I find myself having to resetup this every day :(

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
Adrian,

More info about the time issue.

After I setup date offset for admin, all works fine. The date parameters get stored in admin/GMail/ConfigData.pm

But as soon as another edit occurs to any admin parameter, e.g. incoming mail, debug level,...), then date offset setting goes back to default, date parameters disappear from ConfigData.pm, and messages show time of 12:00 again.

This is a reproducible error that happens every single time any of admin settings are changed. Could it be that when admin settings are changed, ConfigData.pm gets rewritten without date parameters? That's seems to be a good explanation to what is happening here.

So how do I fix that bug?

ConfigData.pm has 666 permissions. I am using modperl. All files have correct ownerships,..etc

Thanks

Frank
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Adrian,

More info about the time issue.

After I setup date offset for admin, all works fine. The date parameters get stored in admin/GMail/ConfigData.pm

But as soon as another edit occurs to any admin parameter, e.g. incoming mail, debug level,...), then date offset setting goes back to default, date parameters disappear from ConfigData.pm, and messages show time of 12:00 again.

This is a reproducible error that happens every single time any of admin settings are changed. Could it be that when admin settings are changed, ConfigData.pm gets rewritten without date parameters? That's seems to be a good explanation to what is happening here.

So how do I fix that bug?

ConfigData.pm has 666 permissions. I am using modperl. All files have correct ownerships,..etc

Thanks

Frank

Seems like the Message time issue problem we've had are the same as Frank's. If you change the Admin Date Options it works, but as soon as you change any other Admin option it reverts back to 12:00:00 on all Emails arrived.

Cuong
Quote Reply
Hrm... I'll have to look into this. If I can't duplicate that behaviour, would it be possible to get access to your system to take a look? I'll let you know after I take a look at the issue tomorrow.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hey Adrian,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your looking into this. Yes of course you can get access to our system but I have a feeling you'll be able to reproduce this behavior on your end

Awaiting your update

Frank
Quote Reply
Frank,

Unfortunately, it did not happen on my system. Could you email me login info (admin.cgi as well as system access), so I can debug it? Thanks.

Adrian