Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

question about using paypal

Quote Reply
question about using paypal
Hello,

I have been experimenting with using paypal to offer email accounts to our organization supporters. At this point new users are able to sign up, then when they login for the first time they are offered the plans to chose from, and then go to paypal to conduct transaction. After the new user submits payment via paypal I must accept the donation at the paypal site for the account to be validated, correct? I am wondering if there is a way to cut this step out? I am often gone for extended periods and do not want to have to accept payment for the gmail account to become operational. Ideally the payment would automatically be accepted, gmail would be notified, and the acount would become valid. How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] question about using paypal In reply to
In Reply To:
After the new user submits payment via paypal I must accept the donation at the paypal site for the account to be validated, correct?
You shouldn't have to do any manually accept any payments (this might be an account option - not too sure). During our testing, PayPal's postback usually happens right away if the postback.cgi is working properly.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] question about using paypal In reply to
Thanks for the reply. I read in the payment setup that postback.cgi is not necessary if I try to use IPN with only gmail. "If Gossamer Mail is the only thing using IPN, it is recommended that you just set the IPN postback URL in your PayPal seller account settings." What is the IPN postback URL I should set in my seller account settings?

Thanks again.

bob

Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] question about using paypal In reply to
oops, duh.. OK, got it...

bob