Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options

Quote Reply
Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options
Hi,

Oh God.... This Forum is being filled up by messages from me and i hope i do not annoy the Admin.

But we are just into rigorous testing of features before putting GM to stress test on message delivery.

Observation:

A user starts off in text mode compose message and fills up the To: CC with 'n' number ofrecepients. Then the same user decides that the mail to be sent in HTML mode and he clicks th HTML mode button. And he gets a Screen with Sideways scroll because of that number of addresses. (This does not happen however, when the HTML mode is selected before everything else).

The Vice Versa of the above is also true. (ie changing from HTML to Text after having put in 'n' number of recepients in the To: ...)

How can this be eliminated. We are testing the features from the view point of a User....

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options In reply to
As long as they're valid bugs, I don't mind you reporting them Smile

Wow that's strange! It looks like it's the way IE is handling the style "width: 100%". If you remove that code out of compose.htm (and compose_html.htm) then it won't do it anymore. You may want to make the default size of the text box bigger though (but then the side effect is that it might be too big for some Netscape 4.x users).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options In reply to
So has that to be left as it is. Anyway, the HTML Mode is rarely taken these days and if anyone would want then the mode would be selected before anything else.

Should it be left untouched then?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options In reply to
It will actually happen in Text mode too, I would probably change it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Screen Formatting Issue In Changeover Of Compose Options In reply to
Hi,

Yes it would as already mentioned in my post

Quote:
The Vice Versa of the above is also true. (ie changing from HTML to Text after having put in 'n' number of recepients in the To: ...)

If any changes are needed on template please do let us know

Thnx
Anup