Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

tags in mass mail feature?

Quote Reply
tags in mass mail feature?
Hi,

In mass mailing from admin, the <%tags%> are not taken. Is it made to be functioning that way.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] tags in mass mail feature? In reply to
I think it is made to do that, Anup. I looked through GMail::Admin::SendEmail and I do not see where it would parse the mail template with GT::Template. One thing to consider is that there would be very few user specific details available for template tags at this point in the program.

From the help docs:
Quote:
The email menu allows you to stay in touch with your Gossamer Mail users. You can select 'All Users' to email everyone in your database an announcement, or 'Selected Users' to send only specific users an announcement.

This email is specially designed for Gossamer Mail and does not make a separate copy for each user. For instance, if you have 20,000 users and email everyone, the message is only on your hard drive once. Everybody looks at the same message.

If you are trying to do domain specific e-mails, you can create a different mail template for each domain and just send it to each user in the domain via the search utility.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] tags in mass mail feature? In reply to
From the docs again:
Quote:
Everybody looks at the same message

If everyone is reading the same message, there is no way to personalize it. :/
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] tags in mass mail feature? In reply to
My ignorance of LSQL could be the reason of being wrong, but the same feature seems to be existent in LSQL as per thread below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...0mass%20mail;#177103

Is it that mass mail in GM and LSQL have this difference?

Anup