Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Message size bug?

Quote Reply
Message size bug?
I seem to have uncovered another bug?

I tried browsing through the Gossamer using File man. I stumbled upon an area under /data/users/ADMIN/bounce/ and found out that there were plenty of messages here that were bounced.

Upon checking, I saw that one of the reasons for bouncing was: "message too big". YET, those messages being bounced for being too big are just about 800 bytes. My Gossamer has a limit of 1000000 (1 million bytes) but seems to be bouncing very small messages.

Any solution?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] Message size bug? In reply to
Goto Setup->Email Templates->Bounce Email, and you will see a checkbox:

Attach Original Message [ ]

Unless this is checked, Gossamer Mail only includes the headers of the problem message. This is recommended, as you don't really want to send back a 50 meg attachment, waste of bandwidth. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Message size bug? In reply to
Ah! OK, I see.

I did not realize that the messages were truncated to keep only the headers.

Now, can I safely delete the bounced files that are stored in this location to save space?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] Message size bug? In reply to
Hi,

You should be running outgoing.pl on a regular basis. This program will send out the bounces and delete them out of this directory.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Message size bug? In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

You should be running outgoing.pl on a regular basis. This program will send out the bounces and delete them out of this directory.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks, man.

I finally got it to work.

It looks like my cron was not working properly at first. Now, it seems to be running incomin.pl and outgoing.pl.
Thanks.