Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Problem with blocked mail form

Quote Reply
Problem with blocked mail form
I entered a wrong email address using the block mail function. When I go to the Options/Block Addresses page, I can see the list of blocked mail, but cannot save any changes I make. The "Save changes" button doesn't do anything. Is there another way to modify this list?

Thanks

Bill
Quote Reply
Re: [bill0102] Problem with blocked mail form In reply to
Hi Bill,

You might want to double check the form in your templates if you made changes to that particular template. My copy works fine for adding and removing blocked addresses. To remove an address manually you will need to edit the .prefs file for the user. It's located in: /*path_to_private*/data/users/*domain.com*/*first_initial_of_user*/*the_user*/.prefs. Look for something like this:

Code:
'spam' => [
'*@test.com'
],

and remove the address(es) you don't want to block from the list.

This is perl code so make sure you know what you are doing before you edit the file. Make a backup copy just in case! Post the 'spam' => section of your .prefs file here if you want help.

Regards,
Charlie

Last edited by:

Chaz: Mar 9, 2003, 11:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Problem with blocked mail form In reply to
Thanks a lot -- I was able to manually delete the address using your instructions. I guess there is something wrong with the options-spam.htm template, but I am reluctant to mess with it since everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks again

Bill
Quote Reply
Re: [bill0102] Problem with blocked mail form In reply to
No problem, Bill. What template set are you using and is it modified? I'm using a modified Nessa template set and that option works fine for me. I'll have to go check the Brewt template.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Problem with blocked mail form In reply to
Just using the default set -- no modifications as far as I can recall (installed almost a year ago.)

Bill