Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Printing from Gossamer Mail

Quote Reply
Printing from Gossamer Mail
I've tried to print a message by using Gossamer Mail's feature to put the message in a printer-friendly format, but for some reason it's not wrapping properly.

When I go to print it, every one of the longer lines are cut off and not finished. I've tried adjusting the page margins, but that hasn't had much success.

Can you help me?
Quote Reply
Re: [Gurm] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to
Hi,

Does this happen on our demo too, or just on your site?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to
I just tried, and yes it does happen with your demo as well. It doesn't cut off the original Welcome Message, but I forwarded a message that I'd written to my employer which was rather long to your demo of Gossamer Mail and tried to print it. Sure enough, lines got cut off.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to

Hi,

A client has told us about this same problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

Thanks

Last edited by:

pcmike: Apr 24, 2006, 7:58 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [pcmike] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to
The problem occurs if the user's line wrap display setting is longer than the printable area. The only fix for this is to lower the wrap setting.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to
Thanks,

That is what I was looking for..

It looks like the default is set for 100, how would you change that default setting and would this change everyones settings once this default was change? If not, how would you go about doing that?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: [pcmike] Printing from Gossamer Mail In reply to
The default for new users is set in the prefs.cfg file (if you're using 2.x, then it's probably in the common directory). In GMail 3.0.1, I added a script to update single settings from shell.

Adrian