Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Possible Uses

Quote Reply
Possible Uses
Hello, i have just found your mail program and wonder if it would be suitable for my planned project; which is email and web space accounts on desirable domains. I currently have 500 hundred domains, each user will have to pay for pop/webmail and web space account. I have been looking at commnigate pro for my project but lack of wap templates is an issue as is user selectable webmail interface which allows different language use.
Is you product suitable for this type of project.

Quote Reply
Re: Possible Uses In reply to
No reply, must mean Gossamer Mail has it limitations which is a shame as it look like it might have solved my problems

Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry about the late reply! No, Gossamer Mail as it is wouldn't be a good fit. It's designed right now to emulate a hotmail style system. What you are looking for is more like a domain control panel, and is quite different.

That said, we have built several domain control panels before, and could help you set one up so your virtual clients could manage their email accounts and read mail online. If you are interested send us an email at info@gossamer-threads.com.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi not sure you understand what i mean, each domain may have hundreds of separate user pop account which could also have a webspace account like this www.user.domain.com the web space would not be a fully functional account i.e add remove more email accounts and will probaly not have free use of cgi-bin only use of pre-installed scripts.

Initially the user would search for their desired email address on selected domain, if this was available they would then use a credit card to pay for use of email address pop only or pop and webmail plus web space option if required.

like mailbank.com but with web based mail.

cheers

Quote Reply
Hi,

Ah, I see. You wouldn't be able to use the current version as it requires a separate license for each domain and does not easily work with multiple domains. Our next version does support multiple domains (with one copy) and would be a better fit.

In either case, it does not do anything for managing web space, so you would still need some custom work or some extra programming to get everything you need.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Ok, so with the next version and maybe some extra progamming it should be suitable?
if so when is the next version out?
what cost will it be per server with unlimited domains?

Quote Reply
Hi,

We are still working on the next version and are in the early testing stage, most of the code has been finished but it still needs a lot of work to clean up, tune, etc.

As for cost, the price will go up with the next version, however it is a free upgrade to existing users.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Integration In reply to
Hi fish2, I'm integrating the free-Mail (Gmail 1.x) and the free-webpage, both sharing the very same user name, password and preferences. Do you want to share the final script? We intend to use the next Gmail vesion 2 and our free-webpage script, both mySQL, using Linux, to provide in just one shot free email and web space (http://username.foo.com). If interested, send me email

Quote Reply
Re: Integration In reply to
hi, check private message sent to you