Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

New Server No attachments

Quote Reply
New Server No attachments
I have just recently moved my Gossamer Mail to a new server. The transfer went okay and everything seems to be functioning properly. However, I am running into a problem with attachments. I can't send email from Gossamer Mail with attachments. If I attach anything to the email the entire email does not get sent. When I send a normal email without an attachment the mail goes through.

I am able to receive attachments with gossamer mail, but I cant send them to any other system. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am using Windows 2000 Server with Communigate Pro for my mail server. Alex?

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: [jmurray] New Server No attachments In reply to
Hi,

Hmm. What happens after you send it? Does it look like it gets sent (i.e. shows up in the sent box)? If so, can you click on the message in the sent box and see the attachment?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] New Server No attachments In reply to
Yes, I can click on the sent box and the message is there and the attachment is there also. I can even click on the attachment and view it.

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: [jmurray] New Server No attachments In reply to
Okay heres the main problem.

I can send email with an attachment from gossamer mail to a system such as aol and it works fine. If I send an email with an attachment from gossamer mail to a server such as exchange the entire email doesnt get there.

I find this odd because if I then send an email from an aol account with an attachment to the same exchange server the email and the attachment gets there.

Initially I thought this was maybe the exchange server was filtering attachments out or blocking them some how. This is untrue as I am able to send attachments using any other email system such as hotmail, aol, yahoo and so on.

I tested this on your demo site and it works fine, so its definently something wrong with my setup. Can you please help me with this. Thanks.

Joe