Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

My gmail account is bouncing email messages!

Quote Reply
My gmail account is bouncing email messages!
Code:
Alex, emails people are sending to my gmail email account are getting bounced and they are receiving the following message, even though according to the gmail admin panel, I am using only 7% of my allowable disk space.

------- Begin message from g-mail -----------
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message
to ''. Reason: The user has exceeded the maximum number of allowed messages.
------- End message from g-mail -------------

Why are the messages being bounced and if my account has exceeded the maximum number of allowed messages, can this limit be increased?
Scott Halliday

Last edited by:

shalliday: Nov 25, 2003, 8:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [shalliday] My gmail account is bouncing email messages! In reply to
Hi

>Reason: The user has exceeded the maximum number of allowed messages.

Kindly check the settings from the admin section of the max number of messages for user limits and see if that is being exceeded in yr case.

% usage is wrt space and not the number of messages and the bounce reason is the quota exceeding wrt number of messages and not space.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] My gmail account is bouncing email messages! In reply to
Quote:
Kindly check the settings from the admin section of the max number of messages for user limits and see if that is being exceeded in yr case.

Where in the admin can I find this setting?
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Setup => User Options => User Limits => Max Emails

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] My gmail account is bouncing email messages! In reply to
Thanks Guys,

I found the user default settings in the admin panel and now have the problem fixed. Appreciate the help!
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Hi.

You could have stats built up in GM user interface to know the real time status for various user limits set by admin

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ment;postatt_id=1469;

Anup
Quote Reply
I like that! How do I go about getting the code to include in my gmail templates. Is it readily available?
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Hi.

It has liberal dose of Globals from Chaz@Charlie and few templates based on those globals and two images. In case u would need all of it pl mail me on anupatscorpioinformaticsdotcom

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
tryed sending you an email address to the email address "anupatscorpioinformatics.com" as poosted but came back as invalid email.
Scott Halliday
Quote Reply
Hi Scott.

Mailed u the globals and the url for downloading the templates. I am sure it would not be difficult implementing it. Should there be any help needed we can take it up here on forum...

Let me know if it worked for you.

Anup
Quote Reply
Anup,

If you send those over to me, I can see about including them in 2.2.1 (though it may be commented out).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] My gmail account is bouncing email messages! In reply to
Adrian.

Sure. I shall mail u the globals and the template download url. It's about the stats graphics and unfortunately one is still left which could be completed by you :) It's wrt advanced filters limits set by admin and the actual used by user...

>>(though it may be commented out).
Perhaps a small pop up with graphics (Account Stats Link For Example). Except for the attachments one which has to be in the main interface ...

Thnx

Anup