Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Message date bug???!

Quote Reply
Message date bug???!
Hi.

I have just finally finished installing Gossamer mail.

However, I see a number of problems:

1) There is a date bug. All new messages appear in user mail boxes with exactly the same dates. Not only that, but all old messages in the mailbox also get updated to the date of the most recently received messages. In the end, all messages in any users mailbox will display exactly the same date (I assume this date is the date when the incoming.pl file last kicked the messages to the mailboxes.

This is a very annoying bug. It is imperative that the messages inherit only the date of their arrival on the server, not the date when they were kicked into the mailboxes by incoming.pl.

2) Another thing that I see is very limiting is the fact that there is no way for the admin to actually visualize those messages that arrived at the domain, but that did not get delivered to specific mailboxes. Because such messages are more likely spam, it would be good for the admin to have visual access to them in order to mass-delete them. A visualization would ensure that the admin can read those messages individually and yet be able to delete any of those.

I hope this issue can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] Message date bug???! In reply to
1) Can you look at the headers of the email and paste me the format of the date? In 2.1.0, I fixed a date parsing bug. If it didn't find a correct format for the date, what would happen is that it would use the current date.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by that. In the admin panel => Setup => Undeliverables, you can change the behaviour of how undeliverable mail is handled. If you check the Insert option, the bounced mail will also be inserted into the admin account.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Message date bug???! In reply to
In Reply To:
1) Can you look at the headers of the email and paste me the format of the date? In 2.1.0, I fixed a date parsing bug. If it didn't find a correct format for the date, what would happen is that it would use the current date.

Is this whta you want? A sample message header? here we go!

Return-Path: <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com>
Received: from ns1.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (root@localhost) by xxxxxxxxx.net (xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx) with ESMTP id g4V9BFM11681 for <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net>; Fri, 31 May 2002 05:11:15 -0400
Received: from xxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxx [xxxxxxxxx]) by ns1.xxxxxxxxx.net (xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx) with ESMTP id g4V9BFZ11676 for <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net>; Fri, 31 May 2002 05:11:15 -0400
Received: from xxxxxxxxx.com (xxxxxxxxx [xxxxxxxxx]) by xxxxxxxxx (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 0.2 (built Apr 26 2002)) with ESMTP id <0GWY003Y8XGV1O@xxxxxxxxx> for xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net; Fri, 31 May 2002 05:10:09 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 05:07:17 -0400
Subject: Testing.
To: xxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Message-Id: <3CF73D45.9000008@xxxxxxxxx.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011128 Netscape6/6.2.1
X-Accept-Language: en-us
X-Clientaddr: xxxxxxxxx
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hmm, that's an RFC822 5.1 compliant date, so Gossamer Mail should be parsing that date properly. Are you sure this one of those emails which the date is wrong? If it is, send an email to support, and we'll take a look at it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Hmm, that's an RFC822 5.1 compliant date, so Gossamer Mail should be parsing that date properly. Are you sure this one of those emails which the date is wrong? If it is, send an email to support, and we'll take a look at it.

Well,

I am not sure your support is working as well as I expected. The wait before someone contacts you seems to take quite a bit. Yet, this date issue is the most annoying, for it is unsettling to have all emails show excatly the same date. I have written to Alex about this, but he has not gotten back to me yet. Or, is there a special email that I need to use to get to support?

Anyways, Alex has the access codes to my Admin area.

Last edited by:

Mama: Jun 1, 2002, 10:23 PM
Quote Reply
Hi

I have a similar problem. Have you taken a look to see what the date is like in threaded mode, because even though I have set the date to display like this (11 May) it only works properly in threaded mode. When I switch to normal mode I get (11-00-00) for all messages e.g 11-00-00, 15-00-00, 27-00-00 etc, new messages and old messages.

One of the reasons I have not launched the site is because I cannot get the date format to work in normal mode.

Adrian, Can you help me too?

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Message date bug???! In reply to
Your msgs_list_include.htm file is probably wrong, but your msgs_threaded_include.htm is right. Compare them and see what's different.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I don't seem to see your support ticket in the support system, but maybe I don't have permission to view it. Could you send me your admin information (see profile for address)? It would also be nice to give me a login to an account the problem is happening with as well. Thanks.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I don't seem to see your support ticket in the support system, but maybe I don't have permission to view it. Could you send me your admin information (see profile for address)? It would also be nice to give me a login to an account the problem is happening with as well. Thanks.

Brewt, I was not aware of the Ticket system. I just posted all the information you need in that system.

Note that I made a mistake in the password I sent you for the sample user.

The password of that user is: "random_pass"

Thanks.

Last edited by:

Mama: Jun 2, 2002, 7:42 PM
Quote Reply

Yet another date bug that I just discovered today.

When you go through "List All" in the admin area and click on the "email" link for a user. You get to the useer's mail box.

here, I discovered that the dates are not correct either. The month appears as "00". For example, today, the date appears as:

3-00-2002 instead of 3-06-2002. And of course, this adds to the previous date bug I described, that is, all messages have exactly the same date.

However, the two are different in that in the list all, the month appears as 00 whereas in the user's normal inbox, the date is correct in format. Today appears as 3-06-2002, but the problem being that all the messages have eaxctly the same date, whether they were posted a week before or today. They all have today's date.
Quote Reply
Brewt,

This annoying date bug is back in my install. Since upgrading from 2.06 to 2.1.0, the email bug has come back. Now, all the dates in all messages are excatly the same again. Strangely, each time I clik on INBOX, the date changes for all messages to reflect the current date and time..

Please see if you can fix this. I posted a trouble ticket just prior to posting this message. Ticket # is 3455.

THanks.