Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Message Preview fails for file size >20KB

Quote Reply
Message Preview fails for file size >20KB
Hi,

Just an observation. Using overlib.js for message preview. the same fails to work when the file size > 20KB. At least so far that is what is available with me and for all mail size greater than 20 KB (text mode) there is no preview.

What could the reason be?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Message Preview fails for file size >20KB In reply to
It fails even in the non overlib.js mode

It FAILS toshow up for all emails > 20KB in size.

Anup
Quote Reply
I just tried it locally using Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Galeon and it works. Do you have an account I can try it on?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Message Preview fails for file size >20KB In reply to
Hi,

I have pm'ed the details. Just check the 47 K message. it does not happen both in overlib.js and non overlib.js mode.

You could also check on the navigation Failure issue.... the mesg_pos= having - sign....

probably that could be also causing the page switch problem when it is impossible to go to the 26th message or the page containing the 26th message

Anup
Quote Reply
For anyone else who runs into this problem, I've attached a new Message.pm that fixes this problem. Note that it only fixes the problem with new emails (as opposed to emails already in your account).

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Aug 1, 2002, 2:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Message Preview fails for file size >20KB In reply to
Hi,

In case I want to change the value from 500 to 1000 which are the files that needed to be modified in addition to the following:

Messages.pm and Display.pm

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Using a simple grep through the code, you'll see that you need the edit the following:

GMail/Messages.pm: $mid2body{$msg_id} = substr($msg_body, 0, $USER->{opts}->{display}->{preview});
GMail/Messages/Threads.pm: $mid2body{$msg_id} = substr($msg_body, 0, $USER->{opts}->{display}->{preview} || 100);
GMail/Options/Display.pm: if ($USER->{opts}->{display}->{preview} > 500) {
GMail/Options/Display.pm: $USER->{opts}->{display}->{preview} = 500;
GMail/Options/Display.pm: $IN->param(options_display_preview => 500);

Adrian