Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Looking for database script for managing users

Quote Reply
Looking for database script for managing users
I'm looking for a perl based script that will store gmail users in a searchable database, perhaps with custom defined fields. I saw something at http://www.ashcorp.net/...ucts/webaddress.html, which is almost what I'm looking for. I'd need to be able to search by dates (when users were added). I'd want to have a notes section and checkboxes I could define, eg for when a user has paid by check.

gmail's database could be expanded to include this functionality, but I don't know whether there are any plans for that. Maybe a plugin?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Looking for database script for managing users In reply to
Seems like it might be a plugin for GTMail, GoCart and Community.

I have GT Mail and while it is nice, there is no real good way to offer anything but free email accounts at this time. Kind of funny to buy a product to give away email accounts (disk space and band width)
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Looking for database script for managing users In reply to
There's someone writing a plugin that will allow you to integrate with worldpay (I'm developing something similar to take payments thru 2checkout). All the major mail sites now want you to upgrade to paid accounts. With hotmail you're hard pressed to even realise they have a free service, as the sign up pages push the paid service so much.

I don't know what GT's thoughts are, but I think it's time gmail was expanded with better paid account options. Admin could be expanded to keep notes on users, mark whether payment has been made by check, send reminder emails to users for renewal etc.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Looking for database script for managing users In reply to
I had hoped that GT Community would signal the release of several new products. GoCart had been talked about on the forums. GT Toolbar was a surprise. The GT Mail spamassassin plugin is a very good thing.

I am still hoping for a tweaked version of GT Forum that is more of a news/article script. The WYSIWYG editor is already present.

One other product would be GT Home, a "home" page that ties together Mail, Forum, News, Community, Cart, etc, kind of like excite or yahoo's main page.

I am hoping that some of these will be released when GT Community is stable and out of beta. Hopefully at a lesser interval than there was for the GT Comm announcement and release.Smile
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading