Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Is this a Bug -- GM 2.2.4?

Quote Reply
Is this a Bug -- GM 2.2.4?
Presume there is a folder where there are lot of messages with pagination running down to 30 pages.

Activity:

I go to last page )presume Page # 30)
Select All and Trash the image
After all messages are trashed, the page still stays at 30.

OK I go to page # 29
Repeat The Above
Same As Above

Ideally when all trashing is done on last page, shouldn't it come back to last but one page? Just enquiring -- Is it a normal behaviour or a Bug?

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Is this a Bug -- GM 2.2.4? In reply to
It's happening because nh is passed in, so it stays on the same page. However, in that case there are no more results on that page. We'll have to work out a fix for this case.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Is this a Bug -- GM 2.2.4? In reply to
Yes it's happening when all the messages on the last page is deleted.

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
I see this fixed in 3X version. Any update on 2X version of Gossamer Mail wrt this bug?

Thanks
HyTC
Quote Reply
Since it is not a critical bug, we will not be making an update to Gossamer Mail 2.x.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Oh so we are moving towards forced update.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=287832#287832

Quote:
Hi,

While all new development will goto v3, we don't have any plans to stop supporting version 2 (we still support version 1).

Cheers,

Alex

This is something which contnued from V 2 so cannot be a development ... but a bug fix.

Worried

Thanks
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 4, 2006, 3:51 PM
Quote Reply
Just to be clear on this - we are still providing support for our older products. If there are any serious or critical bugs found in Gossamer Mail 2.x, then we will release an updated version. However, the bug is not a critical bug (it rarely happens and even when it does happen, it doesn't fatal), and thus we won't be releasing a newer version because of it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
(it rarely happens and even when it does happen, it doesn't fatal), and thus we won't be releasing a newer version because of it.

Sorry, it always happens when you are on last page. Anyway, i have your point that unless it's a crash, V2.X is orphaned for all practical purpose. So either someone else corrects this or we pay 175/225 for a newer version which has no functionalities on Admin side to justify the upgrade. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=290135

Thank You
HyTC

Last edited by:

HyperTherm: Apr 4, 2006, 5:36 PM
Quote Reply
When I said it rarely happens, I meant it rarely occurs during normal usage (unless you go deleting all the messages of the last page of results often). The fact that this bug went undiscovered for five years (it's been around since the beginning) indicates that it doesn't occur during typical usage of Gossamer Mail.

In Reply To:
Anyway, i have your point that unless it's a crash, V2.X is orphaned for all practical purpose.
Our license specifies you will get a year of updates (or 2 depending on the license). We have also been giving free minor version upgrades for the lifetime of the product, as well as major version upgrades for licenses purchased within the update period. GMail 2.x has been around for over 3 years and we have been providing GMail 2.x users with free updates throughout this period and we will continue to provide critical updates to GMail 2.x in the future as well. We believe this is a fair policy.

In Reply To:
which has no functionalities on Admin side to justify the upgrade.
The main focus for version 3 was improving user side usability and switching over to the more XHTML compliant luna template design that would allow admins to tweak their template easily. We also included many other features that we've added to our todo lists over time. However, we haven't had many requests for changes/additions on the admin side of things, so not much was added to 3.0 in the admin side of things. As always, feel free to mention any features that you think would be useful.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Quote:
As always, feel free to mention any features that you think would be useful.

Quite a bit was written about admin end features request right from the days when comparisions were drawn with a popular php based alternative software (not mentioning names here) but most of them are cospicuously missing. Since we have no mechanism to "Guess Correctly" what's coming next from GT, we have put our upgrade plans in abeyance.

As i said, i have understood GT's point of view wrt V2.X and would solicit someone's help to fix these "Non Critical" bugs.

Thank you for taking so much time to convey the intended message to me and sorry for having engaged your professional development time into this non productive work which has dragged this conversation into more than 1600+ keystrokes from you perhaps ;-)

No more reporting of V 2.X bugs as we are considering our participation on Gossamer Mail Forum wrt bug reporting as closed.

Thank You
HyTC