Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Is there a way?

Quote Reply
Is there a way?
Hi GT Team,

In the messages list i would prefer that messages from Admin are displayed in red instead of the usual color scheme. Can this be done. If yes how and what templates need to be modified.

This may appear to be aesthetic question but i would prefer that the messages from Admin stand out from the rest....

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Is there a way? In reply to
Hi,

You could do this by editing the templates. Edit msg_list_include, and look for:

<%if msgs_sent_from_name%><%msgs_sent_from_name%><%elsif msgs_sent_from_email%><%msgs_sent_from_email%><%else%><i>No From</i><%endif%>

You could change that to something like:

Code:
<%if msgs_sent_from_name%>
<%if msgs_sent_from_name eq 'your admin name'%>
<font color="red"><%msgs_sent_from_name%></font>
<%else%>
<%msgs_sent_from_name%>
<%endif%>
<%elsif msgs_sent_from_email%>
<%msgs_sent_from_email%>
<%else%>
<i>No From</i>
<%endif%>

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Is there a way? In reply to
Hi Alex,

Sorry I am late on this.

>>

<%if msgs_sent_from_name eq 'your admin name'%>

>>

If you remeber, I had a message on this forum where I had mentioned that mails from Admin do not have "Admin Name" so putting that variable sounds out of place for me. Any mail from admin carries the "admin_email" in the "From" column in messages list.

I am not sure if this was incorporated in the maint release as i have not upgraded (as i do not want to risk breaking my existing installation which is now running ok with much of effort on GT Team part).

Any suggestions.....

Greetings

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

I am sorry to mention that the required changes did not give what was desired. The message is still displayed in default color.

Any clues?

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Is there a way? In reply to
In Alex' example, replace

<%msgs_sent_from_name%>

with

<%msgs_sent_from%>

This tag holds the email address.

BTW: You can always use <%GT::Template::dump%> on your templates, to see what template tags are available.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
<%if msgs_sent_from%><%if msgs_sent_from eq 'webadmin@xxx.com'%>
<font color="red"><%msgs_sent_from%></font>
<%else%><%msgs_sent_from_name%><%endif%><%elsif msgs_sent_from_email%><%msgs_sent_from_email%>
<%else%>
<i>No From</i>
<%endif%>

This got the From part to be displayed in red.

What i actually want is that the whole row (of message from admin) is in red and not just the From column.

Thnx to Yogi though iterating on the basic suggestion i had already reached there.

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

-Mahatma Gandhi