Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Is it possible to have multiple domains?

Quote Reply
Is it possible to have multiple domains?
I am in need of a script that will let me offer free email at multiple domains. For example, when a user goes to sign up, they should be able to choose from a drop down menu of 100+ different domains (SportsMail.com, HockeyMail.com, GirlMail.com, etc.) Like the sytem they have at
http://www.myownemail.com/

When a user logs in to check their mail, they would then need to type in the whole address and not just the prefix so that the script would know to check the right account.

Is this something that GMail can handle out of the box or even with mods?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Is it possible to have multiple domains? In reply to
That would be of interest for me as well. Any ideas?

Quote Reply
This feature is going to be in the 2.0 release of Gossamer Mail.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
It is possible... Our site is now working with 4 domains, with more coming soon... I had to hack the gossamer-mail script a bit, but the main place multiple domains are handled is in the mail retriever script.

Multiple domains, some non-frames templates, integration with our site's user account system, and a spellchecker make GossamerMail work great for us! (repeat after me: frames are evil) :)

The site is http://www.layovermail.com/

Matt Hahnfeld
EverySoft
Quote Reply
What does the user agreement say about this?

Is is just $450 to install the software on as many domains as you want, or do you have to pay again for every domain.

Quote Reply
Hi,

It's $450 per installation. So if the program is running of one copy of the software but works with multiple domains, you only need one license.

The next version will support multiple domains, and you will only need one license.

What you can't do though, is just install the script on several different domains without purchasing a separate license for each one.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex. Can you give us an approximate date of this new release as well as a full list of features.

We are looking at several options, @Mail, MailNow, but since we already use Links SQL, we would consider waiting for your new version if it isn't too far into the future.

Thanks.