Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Integration of Gossamer Mail and Forum

Quote Reply
Integration of Gossamer Mail and Forum
Hi,
Sorry if this question has already been answered but is it possible to set-up Gossamer Forum and Mail easily so that users have identical usernames and passwords for accessing both products ?

Finally is it also possible to intregrate LinksSQL aswell for the same users (identical IDs and passwrods) ?

Thanks, Jag

Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Integration of Gossamer Mail and Forum In reply to
Most likely only with the community plug-in, I beleive.
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] Integration of Gossamer Mail and Forum In reply to
Thanks for your answer.Smile
Is this plug-in presently available, I couldn't find reference to it anywhere ?

Jag
Significant Media
Quote Reply
No it isn't available yet. I think Alex said it will be about a week.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Gossamer Community will integrate all user functions in all our products, and provide an easy API for other products to integrate.

We hope to have something very soon.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Integration of Gossamer Mail and Forum In reply to
Hi Alex,
That's great news thanks. At the moment I'm trying to set up two or three mySQL based products of yours and I was wondering whether there was going to be an optimal way of doing it, in view of the community plug-in.
I suppose any cross reference system that maps primary keys in two or three different databases will be more efficient if its is set up to begin with since mapping afterwards will need to be done manually in most cases to make sure correspondences are correct.
Anyway do you think it is worth waiting a bit to set things up to have clean databases a cross references ?

Thanks, Jag
Significant Media