Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Implimenting deny lists at the Gossamer level?

Quote Reply
Implimenting deny lists at the Gossamer level?
Has anyone found a simple way to implement a MAPS (www.mail-abuse.org) or SPEWS (www.spews.org) deny list in Gossamer?
I would prefer not to do it at the SMTP level.

A search of previous postings does not show an answer, or even that this question has been asked before.

Quote Reply
Re: [Dark Jedi] Implimenting deny lists at the Gossamer level? In reply to
Hi,

If you want to do it at the SMTP level, you'd be better off looking at qmail or sendmail resources and implementing the filter there. Gossamer Mail does not contain it's own mail server, and will use qmail/sendmail/exchange to do the mailing.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Implimenting deny lists at the Gossamer level? In reply to
Well, I was hoping for a way to do the filtering in gossamer without doing it via SMTP. The SMTP server I use serves several sources, some of which would not want this filtering. Frankly, I am not good enough at SMTP to impliment filtering for one domain and not another. At least without creating a spontaneous black hole where the server used to be...
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry, I missed the word not in your first post, I thought you wanted to do it there. =)

You do have global stop lists in the admin. You could put an email address or a domain in your spam list in the admin an no email will be accepted from that domain/address.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Implimenting deny lists at the Gossamer level? In reply to
I was afraid of that. Ever seen ths size of the SPEWS list?
<sigh>
Quote Reply
Procmail is the answer! It's so amazing, and so robust.... and so cryptic! But the regular expressions and recipes that can be created to block spam is incredible.

There are a lot of developers creating procmail spam filtering systems too. I plan on implementing one of extensive ones soon, but currently am still writing my own recipes.

http://www.procmail.org

Diversity by Design