Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

I try this in welcome.eml but it doesn't work....

Quote Reply
I try this in welcome.eml but it doesn't work....
In welcome.eml i want to have certain domain specific parts of the bulletted list:

<%if domain eq 'x1' or domain eq 'x2'%>Message1<%else%>Message2<%endif%>

But in the Message that the user receives it is always Message2 although the domain is in ('x1' , 'x2').

So is it that this is not possible to have this in the welcome.eml?

Or is it that i am goofing up somewhere?

Also can the 'From' part also be customized depending upon the domain involved?

Actually i would want to move to Single Template rather than having multiple template. The Templates and the footer.txt is all working fine and it's only the welcome.eml which is giving headache.

Thnx

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: May 10, 2003, 6:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] I try this in welcome.eml but it doesn't work.... In reply to
In Reply To:
In welcome.eml i want to have certain domain specific parts of the bulletted list:

<%if domain eq 'x1' or domain eq 'x2'%>Message1<%else%>Message2<%endif%>

But in the Message that the user receives it is always Message2 although the domain is in ('x1' , 'x2').

So is it that this is not possible to have this in the welcome.eml?

Or is it that i am goofing up somewhere?

I'm thinking the latter :) I did a template dump in the welcome e-mail and domain is there so it should be working. Check for typos.

In Reply To:
Also can the 'From' part also be customized depending upon the domain involved?

You should be able to do this. Do something lik you did above:

Code:
From: <%if domain eq domain1.com%><%admin_email%><%elsif domain eq domain2.com%><%some_global%><%else%>admin@domain3.com<%endif%>

I'm thinking it will all have to be on the same line to work.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] I try this in welcome.eml but it doesn't work.... In reply to
Hi Charlie,

Actually I expected it to work because i just did a cut and paste from a customized Template Set where it is working fine.

<%if domain eq 'x1' or domain eq 'x2'%>

<li>Message1<%else%>Message2</li><%endif%>

As suggested I would try again.... this time with changes in the 'From' part alongwith the Message Customization. Also there is no provision for multiple lines in the From part so it will be on a single line forced.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi charlie,

It worked but the only thing I had to do was to have multiple copies of the same message included within the <%elsif%> tags with modifications to each component. It did not work if I just wanted a single copy of the message and then customise few lines with those tags.

Now that it has worked, would try the same on From part and that would complete the move to single template.

What i have noticed is that if the message has images and i come back to edit the welcome email, it asks for username password (admin) and only then the images start downloading in the welcome email. Why should it ask for the username password again is not clear to me

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Hi Charlie,

Just Another question to make life easier handling the welcome email part.

Will the <%include file.htm%> tag work in the body and the From: part of the Welcome Email Template. This would make it easier (perhaps) to handle so that only the relevant files are edited when required and not touch the welcome.eml once done finally.

Thnx

Anup