/login.cgi line (119)
(main::login) called from
/login.cgi line (40)
(main::main) called from
/login.cgi line (31)

This is also displayed on the web.

----------------------(((Error 2)))---------------------------
Complain from a beta tester!!!!
After this i am shown four frames, but with only one messag in all the four frames ::::

Invalid/Expired session.

Please contact support and reference ID: XX.

the error msgs are from 9 to 19 ( i did try two times).

-------------------

Quote Reply
Re: How to eliminate the following errors in v1.1. In reply to
Hello,

The first error message you posted is a fatal error. This means something really bad happened that was unexpected such as the connection to the database failing. There is nothing you can really do to change the error short of editing the code. If you want to do that you will find that error is generated in Webmail.pm around line 1645 in sub cgierr.

The second error is a user error. The message means either the users login failed or the session expired. This can also be caused from the session cookie that was set. If it is a cookie problem you can edit the login template and make the hidden field "cookie" set to "no", if you are using the default template you may need to change or just delete the javascript on that page. You can edit the error-user.htm template to change the error message.

Cheers,

Scott

Quote Reply
Hello!

Thanks for your help!

And what about the following error?

STACK TRACE
======================================
(Webmail::generate_error_msg) called from (/admin/Webmail.pm) line (1653)
(Webmail::cgierr) called from (/admin/Webmail.pm) line (83)
(Webmail::connect) called from (/admin/Webmail.pm) line (117)
(Webmail::init) called from (/login.cgi) line (39)
(main::main) called from (/login.cgi) line (31)

I hate the !Check spelling button. This is the shittiest thing WWWthreads have developed and Alex does not have to listen to......................

Quote Reply
Another thing to check: Gossamer Mail stores the database user name and password in six ".def" files in the admin/defs/ tree of the cgi-bin directory. Sometimes changes in the database configuration function don't get reflected in all of these (due to file permissions or other problems) effectively locking certain scripts/modules out of the database. The quick fix is to check all of the .def files manually after any database password change.
-----------------------

I am having the exact same problem with the combination of MS Internet Explorer, Apache 1.3.14 and FreeBSD4.2. However, an identical installation of Gossamer Mail on Apache 1.3.12 and Red Hat Linux 7.0 works perfectly.

As an interim kludge, try removing JavaScript from the login.htm templates -- this will force the script to operate in non-cookie mode and allow MSIE users to log in.

-------------------------
Allan Kim
akim@myoc.net
Brainbench.com MVP, HTML
-------------------------

Quote Reply
Hello!

To add to your contribution, I never used IE!!! This error I received was with Communicator 4.7.