Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

How does it compare to...

Quote Reply
How does it compare to...
Could some users who are currently using Gossamer Mail tell me..

How does Gossamer Mail compare to VisualMail ??

( http://www.mintersoft.com/vm_overview.htm )

Just by looking at the demo and features list?? I am currently deciding which one should i get..... ( but that will still be a few months away before i saves up some more money )
Quote Reply
Re: [iwod] How does it compare to... In reply to
Hmm Ive never heard of VisualMail before but I just signed up for a demo account...looks very nice.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 24, 2002, 4:16 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] How does it compare to... In reply to
yep... on my personal opinion the interface looks much better than gossamer mail..... so which one should i use??

and how does the features compare??
Quote Reply
What is the pricing on visual mail?

I am guessing expensive, as they do not post the prices.

Also, I really dislike having to provide a bunch of information to a company before they disclose pricing. Most of them seem to sell/share that information after annoying a person with a series of phone calls.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Hi,

We did have a customer who switched from Visual Mail to Gossamer Mail (as we wrote an import script for it). I'll see if I can get some comments.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Beware of pretty interfaces. It's the backend and code base & administrative abilities that matter!

We had used @Mail... which is a beautiful interface, incredible features and even an IE 5 active desktop... but it had a codebase that drew table locking issues, poor server performance (in comparison we were in the 25's in load compared to the 2's now) and no administrative back end. Not to mention no support.

We decided to change to Gossamer Mail, and have been just tickled. These guys support their code, and have even come through on weekends when need be!

http://www.femail.sissify.com

Diversity by Design