Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Hope ThEsE bugs are being attended to....

Quote Reply
Hope ThEsE bugs are being attended to....
Hi GT Staff...

Following Posts relates to Bug In GM and hope the same is being looked into.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=237176

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=236158

Actually since the same has been here for quite long, thought of consolidating the same in One Single Post.....

Feedback solicited...

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Hope ThEsE bugs are being attended to.... In reply to
I am gradually getting accustomed to be patiently living with them. It's now becoming a matter of habbit for me once i started to delve into the Admin features of GM. Admin part needs attention wrt the reported shortcomings though.

For me it's "Three Bugs" now in Admin....purge messages/validate-delete/user_not_written_to_disk upon admin validation.

Few of them have been posted long back by other users, so i do not consider the problem typical to my installation.

Anup
Quote Reply
For the benefit of users who happen upon this thread, and feel GT is not working on them:

Unless, and until, you give GT access to your server, to _see_ these "bugs" in action, there is nothing they can do to fix them. It was/is your choice to not give them access, but to keep bringing up these bugs, in 3 recent threads, is not going to help -- UNTIL YOU GIVE THEM ACCESS.

It's your choice. For those who are reading, you have been directed to the Support Request Form, for individual help, but you refuse that option because you won't give them access to your server to see the bugs.

This is _not_ a problem with GT not supporting, or wanting to support, their product or their customers, but you demanding they do it on your - somewhat unreasonable - terms.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Hope ThEsE bugs are being attended to.... In reply to
I would say it is less of a bugs and more of a mismanagement problem when you get wrong versions of the files packaged in the install when the bug was supposed to be fixed two months before the download. it cannot be accidental for two times in a row.

You can express your comments sitting on the other side of the fence. First use it (now that u have not been using it for years), then put a brave comment like this one.

Anup
Quote Reply
Quote:
I would say it is less of a bugs and more of a mismanagement problem when you get wrong versions of the files packaged in the install when the bug was supposed to be fixed two months before the download. it cannot be accidental for two times in a row.

If it's as simple an issue as that then can't you email Gossamer-Threads and ask for the correct library files?

When staff announce a bug fix, that doesn't automatically mean it's available in the download area. They use CVS to manage their script and so a fixed bug may just mean it's fixed in the CVS tree ready for a future release.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Hope ThEsE bugs are being attended to.... In reply to
Hi Paul,

That was just a gut feeling going by the fact that I have not seen any bug fixes officially declared in the bug fixes forum (though bugs are attended to on case by case basis). So it's a case by case basis of problems being fixed and not handled globally. The end user problem may be resolved and a new customer still gets the old stuff.

And if the whole program is so sensitive to server hardware/software setup then if I move to a new server (if at all) may be that would be the starting of Chapter 2, so this support issue becomes a never ending content of a book. And as long as customers keep providing access to server GT's cost of customer support can never come down -- in my opinion.

I was just wondering if for the POP plugin i would again be asked to provide server access in case the same does not function the way it is supposed to function so for the time being I have kept the purchase of same in abeyance for some amount of time definitely. Maybe I have become one of a thorny client's of GT, but doing business myself I have learnt one thing -- treat that your customer is always right, be flexible enough to deal with all types of clients in order to resolve the problems and minise the incidences of support instances in general -- then there would be an ever growing customer equity base and more cash to bottomline. A satisfied client gets the marketing cost down. Marketig these days is not just getting the order books full but also to retain the customer equity base (unless of course one is having a monopolistic product/service). I remeber Surfer2 move out of GT's fold for xyz reasons but it is a customer lost. Isn't it? And even i was asked to move to socket mail during my initial teething problems with GM but somehow i refrained from that excercise at that moment. Not sure about future though.

Anup