Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Help needed - new purchase

Quote Reply
Help needed - new purchase
Hello there,

I have bought GMail about 10 days ago and am trying to get the thing to run. Jack @G-T has been very helpful but it's still not happening so hense I'd like to put a few questions here if this is O.K.

Firstly, I should say I have been having probs with my hosting company - missing DBD:mysql module (fixed now) and configuring cronjobs (fixed now - I think!), so I don't want to give the impression something is wrong with GMail.

1. Catch all emails. My Unix hosting plan Cpanel asks for an email address saying "all unrouted mail will be sent to:" here it puts in my username. It won't let me leave it blank so I've changed this to the domain name but then I get return mails saying "your mail to
mydomain.net@mydomain.net" is undelivered.

Can someone tell me what I need to put in here so GMAIL can work it's wonder please.

2. The "New" templates. When checking out the demo of GMail before purchasing I was impressed with the templates but when I downloaded the product after I bought it, it didn't have the most appealing templete set, the "new" set. Is my product missing this set or are they not included?

I look forward to anyones reply.

Thank you

Peter

Quote Reply
Re: [HappyPappy] Help needed - new purchase In reply to
Hi

I had a similar situation with my orignal host. I only resolved it by

changing ISP. Unsure

The catch all problem is probably down to the set up of the box.

As you say it won't let you enter a catchall, eg blank username.

One way round this is to put a manual insertion into the

virtualuser table.

The problem for me was every time I made a change in the control

panel it would delete my manual settings. If you are only going to use

one domain this may not be a problem.

I would recommend changing ISP. Goassmer now do very competive servers.

The new templates sets aren't available yet, but if you drop support a

email I'm sure they will send them to you.

Dregs2
Quote Reply
Quote:
1. Catch all emails. My Unix hosting plan Cpanel asks for an email address saying "all unrouted mail will be sent to:" here it puts in my username. It won't let me leave it blank so I've changed this to the domain name but then I get return mails saying "your mail to mydomain.net@mydomain.net" is undelivered.
You might want to ask your host about this, but logically thinking, this is what you should have to do:
1) create a new email account for the catchall to go to (eg. catchall@mydomain.com)
2) then enter "catchall" in that field, so then all the mail should go to catchall@mydomain.com

Quote:
2. The "New" templates. When checking out the demo of GMail before purchasing I was impressed with the templates but when I downloaded the product after I bought it, it didn't have the most appealing templete set, the "new" set. Is my product missing this set or are they not included?
Currently, 2.0.6 (the newest version), doesn't contain the newest templates. There are two new templates which will come with the next version (which I'm assuming will be released soon after Alex is done with Gossamer Community). If you want a copy of the "new" template, I can send you a copy. I've made some changes to them recently, so I'll need to repackage it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Help needed - new purchase In reply to
Thank you Adrian for your reply.

Yes, please send me the new templates, do I give you my email address here or can you obtain it from my login details?

About the catch all. Just to clarify. I attempted to send an email to my newly created account in GM - me@mydomian.net but I recieved it back with a report saying it had been reassigned the default address which is myusername@mydomain.net and therefor is undelivered.

If all mail addressed to "?"@mydomain.net is going to be readdressed to myusername@mydomain.net how can anybody recieve their mail through GMAIL?

I must be missunderstanding something.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, please send me the new templates, do I give you my email address here or can you obtain it from my login details?
Send me an email (see my profile).

About the catchall, you might want to talk to your host about it. That'll get you the fastest response.

Adrian