Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

HTML suggestion

Quote Reply
HTML suggestion
This is a request to tidy up the HTML source of the templates. Dreamweaver is fully capable of editing the source code without messing up the tags, and I've been working this past few weeks on overhauling the templates. However, time and time again I've come across tags which haven't been closed properly, or tags that needn't be there (yes, I do understand the templates inside and out), to the extent that tables and text don't even display properly in Dreamweaver.

With a little re-editing there is no problem, so I would like to see more effort go into the templates. Basically, some of the HTML and design make me cringe. I think I'm qualified to say this having spent most of my life in graphic design and video games design.

There should also be more continuity between pages. Layouts that look visually alike in the browser are built differently between pages in the HTML, making site wide search and replace changes a pain, as not everything gets updated on the first pass.

Regards

Jason

Quote Reply
Re: HTML suggestion In reply to
My opinion on it (which is slightly off topic) is that GM should be developed with only 1 slick template set (simple) - and later if anyone wants to put their hand up to design fancy alternatives and offer them free or for sale through this forum then go for it. I'd probably stick a set or two up myself.

The reason I say that is there are a "lot" of bug posts that relate to one template set that works and the other doesn't - this all takes up time with fixes and next releases etc that I think would be better spent extending the core features.

Just my opinion.

Over and out.

Regan.

Quote Reply
Re: HTML suggestion In reply to
Hi,

We are working on a new version that will be a lot easier to modify.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.