Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000

Quote Reply
GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000
Does anyone out there have GossamerMail working on a Windows NT/2000 server? If so could you please explain to me what mail server you are using and how you basically got it working. I have been messing around with this for months and cant get some important features to work on GossamerMail. Thank you.

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: [jmurray] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
Use SMTP...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
Thanks for the quick reply, however I would love some more detail in to what program you are using for your catch-all pop3 if possible. I have tried using Imail and Exchange Server and neither seem to work. Could really use some help on this. Thanks a lot.

Joe
Quote Reply
I have a test copy that I run on my Win2k box at home from time to time. I use a sendmail program for windows that I found at http://www.indigostar.com and I use the same incoming pop account that we use with the live version. I haven't had any problems with it at all. What kind of problems are you having? I do use Apache and MySQL for windows though.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [CP] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
The main problem I am running in to is that if someone BCC's you a message you wont get it. Plus, I have a problem with attachments. If you click on an attachment to view with Internet Explorer it loads the actual webmail.cgi script on the screen, but it works fine in Netscape. I think its my actual mail settings that are giving me this problem.

I am running IIS 5.0 on a Windows 2000 Server.

Help!!! thanks guys!
Quote Reply
if you're looking for servers, i remember a few years ago, i was using mdaemon server. at www.mdaemon.com
I don't know if it does what you want but it's made for Win* and it is good
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net
Quote Reply
Re: [Bmxer] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
Actually, Alex determined that a good email server for Windows 2000 for use with GossamerMail would is CommuniGate Pro. Once this is installed everything works flawlessly. Other email servers such as Exchange, Imail, and EMWAC dont support Catch-All or X-Headers.
Quote Reply
Re: [CP] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
Cool - I've been looking for something like that for a while.

I just tested it out and it works great!

open MAIL, "|/Sendmail/sendmail.exe -t" or &error($!);
print MAIL "To: support\@wiredon.net\n";
print MAIL "From: support\@wiredon.net\n";
print MAIL "Subject: Test\n\n";
print MAIL "Hello";
close MAIL;
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] GossamerMail with Windows NT/2000 In reply to
Yea, it works great for testing scripts. It is also the only program I can find that emulates sendmail on Windows that doesn't cost several hundred dollars or more.

Regards,
Charlie