Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

GM Spamassassin against exim and already support for virt domains

Quote Reply
GM Spamassassin against exim and already support for virt domains
hello there,

first of all thanks for reading this mail; maybe my question sounds a bit strange but i think anyway its not so far from the reality :))

situation here:

the mta here on my engine is en exim already patched with exiscan (supports of course spamassassin as well) - using here an fullfeatures spamd server. the emails reaching my GM-users are reaching their mailbox via an catchcall-account (cronjob) - the thing i wonna allow GM-users

to decide at their own if they are want that their messages are getting checked against spamassassin or not; other domains running on the same server (nothing to do with GM) should be checked as they are :)

for that reason i guess i have to modify rather to say bypass incoming mails received my mta which are directed to the catchcall.

these lines should preventing exim which sends mail via binary (local - in my enviroment called trusted users :))) not to be checked agains spamassassin (bypassed) - in this enviroment it works:

--cat from relevant entries in the global config fiel of exim--

exiscan_condition = \
${if or {{eq{$received_protocol}{esmtp}} \
{eq{$received_protocol}{smtp}}} \
{1}{0} }

--cat from relevant entries in the global config fiel of exim--

i think to get GM-spamassassin work with GM-users to switch spamfunction on|off to work probebly i have to set an specific exiscan_condition to be bypassed, while other @domains.com nothing to do with GM running on the same server should be spam-checked anyway and get exiscan conditioned and passed through.

i know its an very specific exim-specific question but i am asking if someone here are using an compareable config and may can help me?

probably the exiscan_condition should check what is the destination catchcall-mailbox and should bypass it... but how shall i proceed?

thanks for any help

chris
Quote Reply
Re: [steger] GM Spamassassin against exim and already support for virt domains In reply to
Hi,

Fraid I can't help you (if it was qmail, I could probably do it). =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [steger] GM Spamassassin against exim and already support for virt domains In reply to
Your lucky day as I just configured SA for GM and it works fine in GM :)

I have SA turned off in my WHM and aslo exim still nukes certain attachments so I have no conflicts their.

geek/talk Forums @ GeekVillage.com
Quality Forums For Webmasters & Merchants