Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Footer Message In Text Mode

Quote Reply
Footer Message In Text Mode
The Footer matter in text mode appears really horribly formatted for the recepient if the user does not enter a CR (Enter Blank Line) after the last line. A sample is as given below:

So henceforth this shall be my primary e-mail address. Love
Atul.----------------------------------------------------------------
This email was brought to you by xyz.com
http://www.xyz.com
Get your Permanent Professional Identity on Net Now and Stop Losing upto Rs 2500 Per Annum on a Free Email Service!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Which should be looking like like following to the recipient:

So henceforth this shall be my primary e-mail address. Love
Atul.

This email was brought to you by xyz.com
http://www.xyz.com
Get your Permanent Professional Identity on Net Now and Stop Losing upto Rs 2500 Per Annum on a Free Email Service!

Any suggestions of improving the distorted format of the footer txt in the outgoing mail?

Thnx

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Jul 14, 2002, 12:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Footer Message In Text Mode In reply to
The temporary solution is to put a newline before your footer in the editor. I'll add this to my to do list.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Footer Message In Text Mode In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I had to add many new lines to get the desired result. Now next thing which happens is as follows:

Suppose one goes to edit the HTML Footer and does not touch the Text footer. On hitting Save button therafter, each time a newline disappears from the Text mode Footer. So in effect, each editing of HTML or for that matter even text would mean that a new line has to be added before saving otherwise the line starts disapperaing with every Save operation.....

Any clues

Anup