Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Filman cannot upload files since upgrade.

Quote Reply
Filman cannot upload files since upgrade.
Hi Support

Since I upgraded to 2.1 I have been unable to upload any files using Fileman. Every time I try to upload a file I get this message Upload: Not enough free space to upload that file. and the file that I might be trying to overright is deleted an not replaced. So in that case I have had to move the corresponding file from another directory to the directory I am attempting to edit. If I try uploading via FTP I also get an error unless the file has been deleted in the above procedure. Please, please can you tell me how to get file uploading to work again via Fileman? Regards Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Hi Stoosh,

Please check your disk space first. It seems that your disk space has been run out

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Hi Tandat

I have much more than enough room on the server. The file that I was attempting to upload is the down.gif which is probably not even 1k in size. Plus, since then I have installed the forums for the site.

Also, Fileman does not show image files when you click on them. So it is a little problematic right now.

Any ideas anyone? Please Crazy

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
I get the same error. I also have plenty of space.

Also, I used to be able to see certain files, such as the .htaccess file and modify it. Now, I cannot see it any more and I have to do this in SSH.

That must be a bug.
Quote Reply
I'll get someone to look into this.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

This error means out of space, so you should increase 'allowed_space' within ConfigData.pm ( for single version ). If allowed_space = 0 then Fileman won't check disk space.

Cheers,

TheStone

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jul 19, 2002, 1:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Hi

I carried out a search for "allowed_space" in /admin/GMail/ConfigData.pm but could not find it. However, I did find

'admin_user' => {
'msgs_allowed' => '10000',
'space_allowed' => '10000',
'msgs_size' => '10000',
'use' => '1'

between lines 36-41. When I changed the above "space_allowed" to "0" I still got the the message

Upload: Not enough free space to upload that file.

space_allowed also appears at line 113 but this refers to the amount of user space.

Have I got the right "space_allowed" or should that be "allowed_space".

Could you please provide the path to the file that I should be editing? as the edits I am making are not having any affect.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Hi Stoosh,

In admin.cgi (/path/to/gmail/admin), look for the sub fileman. About line #446 or so you will see the allowed_space that you are after. Set that one to 0 and see if that helps.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Thanks Chaz,

I can now upload my files Smile.

The other point is not as essential but do you know why images do not appear when they are clicked. I think this is a paths thing somewhere.

Thanks again for your help.

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Hi Stoosh,

I'm glad that worked for you! I'm a little unclear as to what exactly you mean when when you say:

In Reply To:
why images do not appear when they are clicked

What images are you clicking on and where are they in Fileman? Are you getting the little red X where the images are should be maybe? I'll go take a look at my Fileman again and see if I can figure it out.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
In Reply To:
Also, I used to be able to see certain files, such as the .htaccess file and modify it. Now, I cannot see it any more and I have to do this in SSH.

Hi Mama,

Have you gone into the Preferences menu and ticked the Do you want to show hidden files? box in the File Display area? That should do the trick for you.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Hi Chaz

Thanks you for your help.

Yes I am getting a X when I click on the image. Is this sometime I have failed to configure correctly?

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Hi Stoosh,

Are your images located in your cgi-bin by chance?

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Thanks, Chaz.

Perfect. It worked.

I have also followed the instructions on the admin.cgi file issue with the upload limit. It seems OK.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Hi Charlie

Thanks again for your help.

No, my images are in a www.domain.com/images/gm directory.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Hi Stoosh,

I'm afraid I'm at a loss without seeing what's going on. Your best bet at this point is to open a trouble ticket with GT so they can peek at it on your server. Have you looked at the error logs to see if there are any hints in there?

Good Luck!

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Thanks Charlie Smile

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Where are the image links pointing to? That will give you a clue to what's going on.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Hi Adrian

The URL that is being shown is

http://www.domain.com/...n/gm/admin/admin.cgi?

and the image link is for example

admin.cgi?cmd_do=cmd_print_img&filename=cyandot.gif&work_path=images&do=fileman

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Really? That seems very strange. If you right click on a broken image and do properties, that is the URL that is shown?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Filman cannot upload files since upgrade. In reply to
Yep that's right, the URL that I get when I right click and check out the properties is:

http://www.domain.com/...n/gm/admin/admin.cgi?

I don't know why but it is.

Regards

Stoosh